Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digga
    • Apr 2004

two dvd re writers on one pc

hi i was wondering if any of you guys could give me some help ?
    a while back i brought a new dual layer rewriter the pioneer 108
    and had it installed in the computer with the old dvd rewriter i allready had the the assumption being i could use the old rewriter like a dvd rom and burn the films i was backing up with the pioneer 108 worked fine for a while

but then the trouble began the pc died the possessor burnt out but when i took it to get it repaired they blamed it on having to dvd rewriters on one pc ? this is where i start to get lost

they said it was confusing the possessor so now they have set it up on 2 different ide leads i think ?
    just tryed to burn a film but the old drive wont read the disk the light just flashes so know im at a total lose ?

any of u guys heard of 2 dvd rewriters killing a possessor before
    and if so is there a solution ? any advice would be greatfull many thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"any of u guys heard of 2 dvd rewriters killing a possessor before"

Utter nonsense!

"just tryed to burn a film but the old drive wont read the disk"

Although odds are that your old burner has 'died", try running a DVD/CD cleaning disc on it. Maxell makes one that retails for approximately $10US...

Comment

• digga
      • Apr 2004

thanks for your reply setarip the guy said that it killled the prossessor because it kept Querying the two dvd rewriters and couldnt tell the difference between them said he had 3 computers do the same thing ? but i dont know enough to know if thats right or wrong so i posted it on here so from what i can work out now he has put a dvd rewriter on each harddrive with to different ide leads ?as i have a 2nd one i use for storage could that be why it wont read the disk because there is no operating system on that hardrive ? he said it happened because i had 2 rewriters on 1 cable if that makes any sense ? any help would be greatfull

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

I have 4 writers connected, 1 via IDE and 3 via USB2, never had a problem.

If setarip's dvd/cd cleaner suggestion doesn't work try re-flashing the firmware

Comment

• digga
          • Apr 2004

hi just tryed to put in a dvd/cd cleaner into the drive that isnt working and wouldnt even read it or let me do anything on the pc the drive light just flashes had to eject it to free up the pc looks like the guy has put the pioneer108 on to my main hard drive and put the older dvd rewriter onto the 2nd storage harddrive with a 2nd ide cable ? where both dvd rewriters was on one ide cable to the main harderive before the trouble with the prossessor which seemed to work fine for a month till the prossessor died have just found the guy and he still says it was because they was on 1 cable and there for on start up they was named the same or something simular he didnt make much sense lol

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Now that you've tried to run a cleaning disc on it, it would appear that the "old" burner has "met its maker"...

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

Also make sure that you have the jumpers set right (master/slave/cs). Don't use the cs option.

Comment

• digga
                • Apr 2004

hi just wanted to thank u all for your help and advice havent solved the problem yet but now have some more ideas

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"wanted to thank u all for your help and advice"
                  My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...