Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oceans11
    • Feb 2005

Now I need help with software

I've made up my mind regarding which DVD burner to buy (with thanks to advice here & elsewhere- see post http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=47180) & I've decided to get the Plextor 716A. Price ($119 -$30 rebate= $89) was too good to pass. Now, I'd like advice re: burning software. I know it comes with something but I don't know if there's a real good one to use. Also, I'd like advice as to media. If I were to want to backup a DVD movie that I own what would I want to out it on? I was at the store today & saw all the formats available. Looked at players too. Bit confusing. Please help if you can!!
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Some things to consider when buying a DVD player:
    • What formats (formats = DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW) does the DVD player play?
    • What brand of media plays good on it? (You can find out <a href="http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php">here</a>, just enter brand and model# then click "search". Read the "Reviews" as they will tell you pros and cons as well as media compatibility.)
    • Does it have the personal things you like on it? (DTS compatible ?, Dolby Digital compatible ? etc.)

Some things to consider when buying a brand of media:
    • Does that format play on your DVD player?
    • Is it compatible with your DVD writer/burner? (Some DVD writers/burners will only burn to a certain format)
    • What speed is your burner/writer capable of burning? (Even though you buy 8X DVD-R's, that doesn't mean your burner will burn them at 8X.)

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

Some things to consider when backing up DVD's:

Lots of software is free, take advantage of it.
      DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, Cuttermaran, IFOEdit, ReJig...
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...