Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brent69
    • Feb 2005

Preferred Disks?

Does anyone have better results with one brand then the next?
    Also, what is a good site to buy blank DVD's in bulk.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Does anyone have better results with one brand then the next?"

The PROPER brand of media to use is many times dependent upon your specific burner - and/or the standalone player that will be used for playback.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• ArmandTanzarian
      • Dec 2004

I've got through several brands and have just bought 75 Datawrite disks on the strength of their previous performance.

Now I'm having problems. Either this batch is uncharacteristically bad or the last lot were uncharacteristically good!

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

You have the latest firmware installed?

Comment

• painttech
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Feb 2005

Speaking of firmware my dvd drive that i use to read disk from before writing to my burner just started acting up. When i put in a disk that has been copied it won't pick it up even disk that it has read before so i know it isn't the brand or way it was burnt. Usually it will say unsupported format or no disk in drive. every once in a while this will happen with a pressed disk. Do you think upgrading the firmware would help or is my drive going bad.
          "Dude where's my Decrypter"

Comment

• kuneo
            • Jan 2004

Many have had good luck with Ritek's.

I buy them in bulk from Shop4Tech,but there are many other supplier's.

K

Comment

Working...