Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crick8er
    • Feb 2005

I Need Help

HI, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME, I AM TRYING TO BURN DVDS SUCH AS TAXI, I USED DVD SHRINK IT BACKES IT UP BUT WHEN I BURN IT, IT BURNS LIKE 10% AND THEN ERROR COMES, I WASTED 7 DVD RS, I DONT KNOW WHY, SO IF ANY ONE COULD HELP ME PLS, THANX.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) This is usually an indication of very poor quality burnable media

2) If you just recently obtained your burner, go to the manufacturer's website and download (if available) and install the latest firmware update

3) It may be a problem of media incompatibility. To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

4) Until you've resolved your dilemma, I'd strongly suggest you use R/W media (rewritable)

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

And if you can - post your log file.

Comment

• crick8er
        • Feb 2005

I trited downloading new firmware and tried but still same thing it goes for certian percentage and then says "Burn Process sotpped with error:A write-error occured [Bad, request (logical block adress out of range)] can u pls hlep me thanx.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

It appears that you've looked into only one of the things I suggested. Again, you should be aware of the following:

The problem you've described is usually an indication of very poor quality burnable media

It may be a problem of media incompatibility. To determine the capabilities/limitations of your DVD burner, as well as media compatibility, go to:

(If necessary, open the Device Manager in the Control Panel to determine the make and model number)

Comment

• crick8er
            • Feb 2005

i am using phlips dvd + r, then i also tried the RW which came with my DVD burner, but it still gave me the same thing, i am using cyberhome DX162D, it came with one DVD RW i tried with that, it went up to 76% and then it gave me that masseage, i was paling to buy DVD +R DL but those are costly, can it be because of my program, i am using DVD43free, and thank you once again.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"i am using cyberhome DX162D"

Yet again, have you checked your burner, regarding media compatibility, at:

?

Comment

• crick8er
                • Feb 2005

yes i did like i said, i was using Philips DVD R which, i dont think goes with my writer, but then i tried the DVD RW which came with my DVD writer and still that didnt work, so i shoul try to guy maxell DVD R rite, since on the website it says that those work good for my DVD writer.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"so i shoul try to guy maxell DVD R rite, since on the website it says that those work good for my DVD writer."

That would be a good thing to do...

Comment

• crick8er
                    • Feb 2005

thank you, i'll try it and if it work i'll post my replay.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"thank you"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• crick8er
                        • Feb 2005

now i can bur the dvd but the sound is not correct, it repeats the dialogues. so if u can once agian help me thanx.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"now i can bur the dvd but the sound is not correct, it repeats the dialogues. so if u can once agian help me thanx."

Re-post this, your newest question, in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum(s) here (and then delete this one) - and read the many similar questions and posted responses there (and the "FAQ")...

Comment

• crick8er
                            • Feb 2005

Again now i cant coppy the DVD on DVD + R i am using CYBERHOME DX162D the only cd i coppied the movie on was the one DVD RW they sent with the writer, i used Philips DVD +R didnt work, Maxell DVD+R didnt work i useed DVD SHRINK DIDNT WORK, I USED NERO after baking up the movie and then tried to burn it but still didnt work, it writes little bit then it says error burn process failed at 8X so if any one could pls help me thanx.

Comment

Working...