Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chairmanwok
    • Mar 2005

Newbie burning problems.

i am new to this game and having a problem with burning DVD's. Whether i use Nero or decrypter to burn after using DVD shrink i end up with what appears to be a blank disc with no film.
    At the end of the burning process i always get the message that its burnt successfully.

When i put the so called disc back into the computer it appears that the DVD player is trying to read it and it just keeps spinning around, some times it even affects the computer where i have to reboot it. Obviously it will not work in a stand alone DVD player either.

My burner is an internal Emprex 8X dual layer, i am using nero 6, latest version. When burning with Decrypter i choose 4x speed. The discs used have been Maxell DVD+R 4x speed and i have also tried Bulkpaq DVD+R 8x speed. The burner should work with either + or - discs.

I know that the burner was working as i have used it for music and data burning. I have also managed 2 burns out of approx 10 dics for DVD. 1 being a movie and the other a photo slide show.

can anyone help with this matter?

Also it appears to take ages to shrink a movie and i have noted the other comments about DMA activation, of which mine is activated. I know i haven't got the fastest computer in the world but anyone shed any light on that as well.

I started out with little hair and have even less now!!!
    Be very grateful for any solutions.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I know i haven't got the fastest computer in the world"

Kindly list the hardware specs for your machine...

Comment

• chairmanwok
      • Mar 2005

Its a gigabyte 714XE4 motherboard with a AMD athlon 800 processor. I have a 80gig hd with 380 memory. The reader/burner is as described. Does this help?

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

1. Buy a wig
        2. Firmware updated?
        3. You could post your log file from Nero. It's saved on your hard disk. C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\NeroHistory.log

Comment

Working...