Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdw46
    • Feb 2005

Dvd Frame Freeze Up

backed up with shrink and burned with nero, discs are about 6 months old and played fine on my standalone. Now most of them are freezing up !!! I store them in a cd booklet if that has anything to do with it and i also have labels on them , which i don't use anymore. Attachment has info of my media type.
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Can you take the label off one of them and try it again?

Comment

• cynthia
      Super Moderatress
      • Jan 2004

Re: Dvd Frame Freeze Up

Originally posted by mdw46
      i also have labels on them , which i don't use anymore. Attachment has info of my media type.
      Have you completely removed the old labels and they still can't be played?

@ nwg: I got a PM - that's why I ask.

Comment

• mdw46
        • Feb 2005

Can't take labels off, They work ok on my pc though..I store the in a cd case booklet, thought that sliding them out caused the problem.They played fine on standalone.Might be from the paper labels.. I read that mositure can get under the lable and it's advised not to use them..Guess i read the article too late

Comment

• cynthia
          Super Moderatress
          • Jan 2004

I do think that the labels needs to go.

Comment

• mdw46
            • Feb 2005

I cant figure it out..If it was the player all of them would freeze up..But yet they play on my pc ok. I also tried them on a cheep player i have that plays any dvd.

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by mdw46
              I cant figure it out..If it was the player all of them would freeze up..But yet they play on my pc ok. I also tried them on a cheep player i have that plays any dvd.
              I am pretty certain it is the player at fault. It can be down the quality of the DVD drive inside and how well the DVD is held in place. Some cheaper drives can make the disc go off balance when spinning round.

I have players that play anything (including labeled discs) but, also have one cheap player with a rubbish Sanyo drive that will not play any discs with labels. Sometimes, the discs freeze or not even play at all.

What is the make of the player that has the problems.

Comment

• mdw46
                • Feb 2005

JVC XV-S40 Only some of my back up's freeze up.Not all of them and new disc's play fine

Comment

Working...