Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Triumphdog
    • Jan 2005

A little help please...

So I downloaded this AVI movie, and I want to put it on a disc to watch on my dvd player, it is like 715 megs, so it wont fit onto a normal cd-r, and when I use nero it says that it wouldnt except the dvd-r and to please change the settings for your compliation, and I cant find what to do. Also, I turned the avi into dvd format and used shrink and decrypter, now in the preview screen on shrink the audio and video worked fine but when I try to play it in my dvd player, it just sits there, if I clicked next it will go to the next scene but then stop, any help at all? Thanks fellas...
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"So I downloaded this AVI movie"

Discussion of such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums. Kindly refer to rule #6.

Comment

• Triumphdog
      • Jan 2005

Its my high school football championship game and I am to cheap to buy the movie. And I can assure you its not "copyrighted"
      Last edited by Triumphdog; 17 Mar 2005, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• Triumphdog
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ormonde
        "So I downloaded this AVI movie"

Discussion of such activity is a violation of the rules of these forums. Kindly refer to rule #6.
        The Rules Read:

The Following Are Acceptable

If you only mention a video file (eg. "I downloaded an AVI file from Kazza" or "I downloaded a movie file from Kazza").

If you don't mention where you got the movie from (eg. "I have a movie and I want to burn it as a VCD")

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"I can assure you its not "copyrighted""

If that is the case, follow this procedure:

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk

Comment

• Triumphdog
            • Jan 2005

Thanks buddy

Comment

• Triumphdog
              • Jan 2005

Also, I have (purchased) WINAVI, this transfers files from avi to dvd format. That it was I used first, i used winavi and made the avi into a dvd format, then opened up shrink, the file was small enough to fit onto one disc, and then I used decypter to burn. Then it doesnt play correctly on my dvd player. Like I said when I previewed it using Shrink everything was cool and it looked just fine, it just didnt play correctly when in my dvd player...

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"Thanks buddy"

Glad to be of help

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

FYI (Although you've already been answered):

"Its my high school football championship game and I am to cheap to buy the movie. And I can assure you its not 'copyrighted'.

Even if it hasn't been filed, there is an implicit copyright in ANY original work product being offered for sale...

Comment

Working...