Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sorchin
    • Mar 2005

Problems with The Grudge

I'm using "DVD for Free 3.5.2.1" and "DVDShrink 3.2". DVDFree seems to decrypt The Grudge, however DVDSrink keeps comming up with an error message "cyclic redundancy check". I then tried "DVDdecrypter 3.5.2.0", it keeps comming up with an "uncorrectable error". I live in Canada (region 1) so either the Decrypter or the Free programs should work. It won't even let me get to re-author mode in Shrink. Could there be a problem with the disk itself. I tried it on my DVD Player and - besides having a slight problem starting - worked fine.
    I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance...
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

check this out...it should solve all your troubles....

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• sorchin
      • Mar 2005

Hello columbo:
      I have already tried that. It still comes up with this error:

I/O error
      device [1:0:0] My DVDROM
      Interpretation: Check condition

CDB: 28 00 00 03 88 C8 00 00 0C 00
      Interpretation Read [10] - Sectors 232392 - 232403

Sense Area 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 11 05 00 00 00 00
      Interpretation: L-EC Uncorrectable Error.

I have 2 DVDROM drives, the same error comes up. All other movies have decrypted no problem.
      My guess is the DVD itself is correupted, but I'm not sure.
      If you columbo or anyone elce can help, that would be nice.

Perhaps in the Settings menu? I'm not sure what most of the settings mean though. I know above it said I/O Error. Maybe if I change the interface to something elce?
      Again I'm not really sure what to do.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Triumphdog
        • Jan 2005

I have yet to run into a problem with any movie including Grudge and Resident Evil 2. I just use DVD Decrypter, Decrypt it to my hard drive, then use dvd shrink, then burn it with decrypter and everyone has turned out fine. I do know that DVD43Free has not worked everytime for me and I did get an error when trying to burn The Grudge while using DVD43Free, but the grudge worked fine with Decrypter and Shrink...

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

When I did R2 of RE 2. I had to use DVD Decrypter the VobBlanker then Shrink. I couldn't go to Shrink after Decrypter as the film was missing.

I suggest trying to use VobBlanker and DVD43free together. Load VobBlanker and load the video_ts.ifo off the DVD. Create another directory and rip the DVD using VobBlanker into that new directory. Then load shrink and see if it reads the files.

Otherwise, another program that can help Shrink read the DVD is Slysoft AnyDVD. Load this program in the background when running Shrink. It comes in a trial period.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

yes try dvd decrypter first, it always works for me....
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...