Problems burning from one certain drive.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aboyung1
    • Mar 2005

Problems burning from one certain drive.

Ok,

So I have narrowed the problem down to a hardware problem like setarip suggested on another board.

So using my new "X" drive, 80gb max space. When I try to back anything up using DVD Shrink I keep getting the read errors and a CRC during the burning process. If I use Decrypter first it works fine, but then while trying to backup the files with Shrink the same error comes along.

Now I cleared up enough space on my old "C" drive, 9.5 gb max, only 4.9 gb of space left on it. Now I tried using Shrink to back up Pirates of the Carribean and that went good, then I burnt it with Nero, no problems. The movie plays perfectly on my DVD player.

So it is this new X drive. Now what should I do about it, could it be a bad connection, bad sectors? Could I try re-formatting it? Any help appreciated.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

SATA or ATA hard disk? Sure you have the jumpers set right on the back of the hard disk? DMA enabled? BIOS update? Chipset drivers update?

Comment

• aboyung1
      • Mar 2005

ATA, jumpers set to slave, DMA enabled.

Having troubles trying to track down BIOS and chipset drivers updates. WIll let you know what happens when I get them looked after.

Comment

Working...