Retired
    • Dec 2001

To columbo999

I guess someone must have pressed hard enough ;>}

At what speed do you burn them?

"every memorex disc i burn i lick with glee!"

I won't ask...

"touch wood"

(Just kidding) A Columbo-ethnic/tribe expression? I think not. Sounds very familiar to these originally East Coast ears.
    Last edited by setarip; 10 Apr 2005, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

Adam - congratulations! Very very happy for you.

Come back if you have any further problems.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• JTnVA
        • Feb 2005

I have to agree with Detective Columbo....Memorex discs have never given my a problem. Although I do not lick mine, does that seal in the burn? lol

"touch wood"? Well, it is your wood, you can touch it all ya want I guess.

JT
        Thanks,
        JTnVA

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

yes, ohhhhhh, the memorex. a 5-pack dvd-r 4x for $4.99.i will always get these. over the years i have become a tad superstitious....one may compare the "licking" of the disc, to kissing dice before a toss

common fellas.....do you REALLY think i lick my DVD's?
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Adam40291
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Mar 2005

As everyone on these boards has pointed out...its not the brand name that matters. In fact the first pack of discs I bought was a 5-pack of Memorex DVD+R discs and they all burned flawlessly. It was only later...when I bought a 25 pack of Memorex discs that I learned that the Media ID on the 5 pack was a completely different (and better according to videohelp.com) one than the 25 pack. So I can go along with the Memorex as being decent discs. I can also go along with the superstition bit. Once you find a type that works...stick with them.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"a 5-pack dvd-r 4x for $4.99."

That's a steep price to pay for success (Especially for one who's wife "spends it all);>}

(I typically pay the equivalent of 34 cents per DVD for Ritek/Ridata, Maxell, or Verbatims [4X or 8X, DVD-R or DVD-R])

Comment

• JTnVA
                • Feb 2005

I found these Linkyo 8x at Supermisedstore.com...I was leary because they were 100 for $29.00, but I have not had a coaster yet. Needless to say, I ordered another supply....

Always buy what works for you. Licking after burning is not required though...
                Thanks,
                JTnVA

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

to setarip

"I typically pay the equivalent of 34 cents per DVD for Ritek/Ridata, Maxell, or Verbatims [4X or 8X, DVD-R or DVD-R]"

i will bet those are spindles...i hate spindles i don't like to buy any discs that are stacked on top of each other---had to many problems with those....but that is a great price. i think $1 a disc is pretty damn good, plus it comes with a case!
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To columbo999

"i will bet those are spindles...i hate spindles i don't like to buy any discs that are stacked on top of each other---had to many problems with those....but that is a great price. i think $1 a disc is pretty damn good, plus it comes with a case!"

That's what makes the world go 'round - FRIENDLY difference of opinion - and the fact that while my wife continues to closely monitor my spending (She says, "Wouldn't you rather spend it on our grandson?"), your wife has apparently increased your allowance ;>}

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

to setarip

"your wife has apparently increased your allowance ;>}"

it took a lot of work
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...