Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tashyanna
    • Apr 2005

Nero

First time here, not sure what i am doing but here it goes. I have been reading posts and keep reading about Nero. Now I do use DVD Shrink which I am having probs with and yes I downloaded Nero to make Shrink work. Since I keep reading and seeing Nero mentioned (and people seem to be using this alone) I am wondering, is there something I have missed? I downloaded nero but can not use Nero alone to burn a disk.
    When I went to the Nero site, I downloaded the trial version as that was all that was there unless I was to buy it. Is everyone buying this software right out of the gate or what did I miss? Also, there was a post on a DVD95 program. If I am to have to buy a program that is an all in one, would I spend the 100 for Nero or 50 for DVD95? Which is the better of the 2 not only in operation but is also user friendly?

Thank you so very much.....Sorry to be so dumb in all this.

Tashy
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Shrink can burn automatically with Nero. YOU select the writer as the backup target device (select the backup icon). Once compressiion is finished. Shrink will call upon Nero to start burning the DVD.

If you want to use Nero alone. Then select the HDD folder option as the backup target device. It will create the Video_ts folder on the HDD. This is then imported into Nero Burning Rom.

More info is here with the Nero FAQ.

The nero trial will work fine with Shrink until it runs out in 30 days.

A freeware alternative is to use DVD Decrypter to burn a DVD. This can be done automatically in Shrink as well. It uses a ISO image to burn.

Install DVD decrypter and then use the "ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter" backup taraget option.

Another FAQ.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"If I am to have to buy a program that is an all in one, would I spend the 100 for Nero or 50 for DVD95?"

That's a decision you have to make. You can download a limited (25 minutes of each DVD) free trial version of DVD95Copy at:

and determine its ease of use...

Comment

Working...