Need Help! Can't playback DVD burned with Shrink in my home DVD player.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Latj
    • Apr 2005

Need Help! Can't playback DVD burned with Shrink in my home DVD player.

New to this DVD burning, I just copied movie I, Robot which playsback fine in my laptop and desktop computers. But will not start in my home DVD player, it won't recognize it's in the machine. Any suggestions on what I've done wrong? Or do I just have a finicky player, it's a Sony DVP S7000.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

check here for media compatibility with your stand alone dvd player www.videohelp.com

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"Sony DVP S7000."

Most SONY players "prefer" Ritek/Ridata, Maxell, and Verbatim media (Surprisingly, most SONY-branded media do NOT play back well on SONY standalones)

Comment

• nolalde
        • Apr 2005

I'm having the same problem, except my Panasonic DVD player worked fine for a while now all of a sudden any movie I burn will not work on my dvd player. It won't even work on my pc. This is after I burn it using DVD shrink. I get no errors.
        Any suggestions? Am I missing some options?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To nolalde

"I'm having the same problem, except..."

Except that you're not having the same problem. Yours is one of a totally non-playable DVD, while the DVD created by "Latj" is playable in everything other than one specific standalone DVD player.

Re-post your question in the DVD Shrink-specific sub-forum here (and then delete this one) - and read the many similar questions and posted responses there (and the "FAQ")...

Comment

Working...