Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iownx
    • Apr 2005

DVD Burning Problems With DVDShrink

I've been using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink for a long time now and have never had any problems making backup copies of DVDs. A friend of mine gave me a DVD-R recently to make a copy for him. It plays fine on my computer and dvd player. I stick it in, decrypt it, and use dvd shrink/nero to burn it. When I stick it in my dvd player, it doesn't load up. It just sits there and says "reading". I stick it into my computer and it doesn't read at all. I'm using the same method I've always used with other DVDs and they worked fine until now. I'm currently stumped and irritated as to why it isn't working. Some help would be greatly apperciated.
  • Mig$y
    Retired
    • Jan 2004

Hi iownx, Welcome to the Forums

You wouldn't need DVD Shrink to do this. A simple ISO Read > ISO Write with DVD Decrypter should suffice.

With regards to the disc not playing are you using a different brand of media than when you had success?

Ensure you are running the latest firmware for your writer.
    It could have just been a bad disc.

Comment

• iownx
      • Apr 2005

I'm guessing it was the medias fault. I bought some DVD+R's from Memorex and they all wouldn't work after I made a copy. I decided to use the Maxell DVD+R that I had laying around and it worked. A little disappointed that I went through 5 DVD+R's until I found out about it...

Comment

• Mig$y
        Retired
        • Jan 2004

Good ol' Memorex....

Maxell is indeed superior to Memorex (well, in my opinion anyway)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"A friend of mine gave me a DVD-R recently to make a copy for him."

?

Comment

Working...