Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Groundhog
    • Mar 2005

Are "esa" blank dvd's any good?

A friend of mine gave me one to try. I have never heard of them. Plus it just says "R" on it. Not +R or -R, does that matter?
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Never heard of them, I would be leary of using them.

Start up DVD Decrypter. Put one of those "esa" blank disc in your burner. Select the drive with the blank media in it (Red Box). Click "Mode" at the top, click "ISO", then click "Write W" mode. On the top right hand side of the DVD Decrypter window, it will have all the information about the media that is inserted (Blue Box) . Copy all of it, and post in your reply here.

Comment

• Groundhog
      • Mar 2005

Thanks. I'll try that tonight if I have time.

Comment

• ironman2632
        • Feb 2005

"ESA" is a brand that Circuit City sells. They had a sale on them before at $6.97 a 25 pack but now they are $14.99. I always try a brand especially if the price is good. It's always worth a shot. I usually make a back up for my friends and family with these discs and have only heard one complaint but he has an older player and might fit in to that 7% category. I have probably used 3 spindles of ESA's and have always burned at 8X so they seem to be pretty reliable. For me, I'm a TDK -R guy and love those! Hope this helps.

Comment

• ironman2632
          • Feb 2005

Another note: The ESA's I used did state "DVD-R" on them.

Comment

• Alien Bay
            Always learning
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by ironman2632
            ... I usually make a back up for my friends and family with these discs and have only heard one complaint but he has an older player and might fit in to that 7% category. I have probably used 3 spindles of ESA's and have always burned at 8X so they seem to be pretty reliable.
            Ironman, this is a specific violation of rule # 6 regarding posts on this forum. These would not be considered backups but illegal copies.
            APOD

Comment

• Alien Bay
              Always learning
              • Oct 2004

Ironman, please go over forum rules here
              APOD

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Yes, backups are for personal use only.

Alien Bay: Thanks for pointing it out, but you don't need to post about the rule break, just report the post like you did and a moderator will deal with it.

I won't close this thread because the thread starter didn't break any rules.
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...