cyclic redundancy

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thatwdbme
    • May 2005

Does anyone have the link to download the lastest version of DVD Dycrypter and it's instuctions. Whenever I've used it in the past, I still had the same problem (Disc error of some type, where it tried to simply skip over the area of the error).

Comment

• thatwdbme
      • May 2005

ok, i got the download, i just need the instuctions. i knowe i saw them somewhere. I have so many different windows open with relevant info. it's getting overwhelming...hahaha Anyway, this is a great help.

Comment

• thatwdbme
        • May 2005

Can someone explain to me what this In-cd tool is actually doing. I was afraid it was going to delete something I really needed. Please advise.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

thatwdbme, go here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...890#post220890

InCD is a packet writing application that comes with Nero. It causes problems, uninstall it. You do not need it. DLA or Drag to Disc are also packet writing applications.

Comment

• Alien Bay
            Always learning
            • Oct 2004

Re: To Alien Bay

Originally posted by setarip
            Legitimate CRC errors ARE the result of either dirt or physical damage.

It appears that the "ARccOS" copy protection method (bad sectors), which DVD Decrypter can overcome, brings rise to FORCED CRC errors...
            So, the usual reply of 'you have a dirty/scratched dvd' is not accurate anymore the way I'm reading this.!?!
            APOD

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

The latest updates of InCD should be very stable. Haven't seen any problems the last time on other forums.

Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

The basic idea with ARccOS is to create unreadable sectors on the original DVD.

Comment

• thatwdbme
                  • May 2005

OK, I ran the INcd clean tool and it asked me if I wanted to delete the following programs:
                  InCD
                  INCD Reader

when I click yes...the question box disappears, and doesn't give meany indication that it has been deleted. Matter of fact, when I click on the Incd clean tool again, I get the same box. So how do I determine if its been deleted, or just assume that it has been?

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

Can you see the program in Windows add/delete program window?

Comment

• Alien Bay
                      Always learning
                      • Oct 2004

lol, why do I have the feeling that jmet's avatar is staring at me and my latest post
                      APOD

Comment

• thatwdbme
                        • May 2005

No I dont, cynthia, but i can't say that i saw it there before. So I'll assume it's gone. I really like this forum, by the way. You all are very helpful...

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

Re: Re: To Alien Bay

Originally posted by Alien Bay
                          So, the usual reply of 'you have a dirty/scratched dvd' is not accurate anymore the way I'm reading this.!?!
                          Depends on what DVD it is, and when it was released. If it is a new release such as "The Grudge", then yes that error message would be incorrect as to suggest it is dirty or scratched. (Considering it is not)

If its a older movie such as "Batman", then the suggestion about cleaning it is relevant.

Comment

• Alien Bay
                            Always learning
                            • Oct 2004

Understood. So, the first response to the original post is misleading since the original post didn't mention which dvd he/she was trying to back up.

After just reading Cynthia's list of arcoss protected dvds, i read that redundancy errors can occur from this. Without ascertaining the dvd in question then, in the future arcoss protection should be included along with dirty disc response to these crc questions,...at least it seems to me. Perhaps the 1st question to be asked is what is the dvd title. And this would assume that the DVD list is totally up-to-date.
                            APOD

Comment

• Alien Bay
                              Always learning
                              • Oct 2004

Re: Re: Re: To Alien Bay

Originally posted by jmet

If its a older movie such as "Batman", then the suggestion about cleaning it is relevant.
                              Willard is in that list and that's an old movie
                              APOD

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Usually my first response/suggestion to a CRC error thread is that they clean and re-try after cleaning. Most of the time that fixes the problem (I am assuming cause they never come back) or if they do come back and say that didn't work, then I ask what DVD it is. There are sometimes that even though the disc in question does have Accross on it, the disc is still dirty or scratched.

Comment

Working...