Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evatgirl73
    • May 2005

Error while burning, every time...

Hi and please bear with me here... I'm a complete newbie to burning DVDs and just found this board in my search to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Here's the scenario:
    I just got a Memorex 16x dual layer +/- DVD burner and my husband installed it, everything seems to be working fine. A friend came over with DVD43 and DVD Wizard Pro, so I installed those. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, and still I can't get it to work right... The DVD rips fine (except one that was pretty scratched up, so I assumed that's why it didn't work), the problem is when it comes to burning. It starts up, then goes to "5files of 11 burnt", the DVDburner shows activity as well as the progress bar, it MAY get as far as "6 files of 11 burnt" and then it stops. The burner goes silent, and after a while an error message pops up saying "error, failure to write section 83746" or whatever #... HELP! I've tried using +discs, I've tried using - discs (my friend said sometimes the program only likes one or the other). I burn at 8x, I see from other posts that it's recommended to never burn at more than 4x so I will try that, but I don't want to waste too many blanks either, those things aren't free... LOL!
    The movies I'm trying to copy are retail movies, but my own. The one and only one I did get to FINISH burning, ripped wrong for some reason (ripped a whole movie in less than 5 mins? I don't think so, LOL! And it only burned about 3/8" from the center, then said done and DVD finshed... won't play, gets error message but I expected as much). I want to be able to burn copies of my daughters movies mainly, to have a "spare" since kids are hard on movies and I'd like to keep the originals nice.
    So ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!! What am I doing wrong, what could I do to fix it, yada yada yada. Thanks in advance!!!!
    Eva
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi and welcome Evatgirl73

First off, I'd recommend you get a DVD±RW or two to experiment with. These can be erased and written over and over again till you get yourself sorted out.

Secondly, I'd check your DMA is set as per http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44808

Thirdly, I'd recommend the time honoured method of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink as per Jmet's tutorial, http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=45238

Good luck and let us know how you get on
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Evatgirl73
      • May 2005

I'm so glad I found this board! A huge THANK YOU! I scratched what our buddy told me to do/use and went with the aforementioned combo, and it works!! Doing a happy dance as I type, LOL! So thanks a million!!!
      Eva
      Eva

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Always happy to help
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

Working...