Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • terrell1906
    • May 2005

Alera Standalone, not copying after Decrpt + Shrink

Need help, after I use DVD Decrypt, then DVD Shrink, then burn with Nero or DVD Drcrypt. I take my DVD-R media generally Sony or Memorex and put it in my Alero Standalone, it starts to copy but stops at 80% complete stating "bad disc error". I use to be able to copy any movie and then make copies in my dvd duplicator but somehow any movie I burn gives me a disc error on my Alero standalone. Please help...
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"I use to be able to copy any movie and then make copies in my dvd duplicator but somehow any movie I burn gives me a disc error on my Alero standalone."

Sounds like a media compatibility problem. To check the capability and or the limitations of your standalone burner with regards to the type of media you are using visit:

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

I responded to your "Duplicate" posting here:

Please note that "Cross-posting" is against the forum rules. Kindly refrain from doing so in the future. Thanks.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Do a scan of the burnt dvd and see how it looks. If your burning fast slow it down to 4x or maybe even 2x. I don't know about Sony but the provider of media to Memorex varies from what I have seen... CMC and Prodisc

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"put it in my Alero Standalone"

I presume you actually mean "Alera"

"then make copies in my dvd duplicator"

Perhaps you've worked your mass DVD duplicator to death.

For making backup copies of DVDs, for your personal use, that you've purchased, you could simply purchase a conventional internal or external DVD burner for your PC...

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

DVD duplicator? Do you really need that many "backups"?

Assuming you only wanted to make one copy, as Setarip mentioned, it's probably best that you get a standard DVD burner for your PC, as automated standalone DVD duplicators will add to the complication and produce more problems.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...