Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Locke1990
    • Nov 2004

Are We There Yet?

Has anyone else had any trouble backing up this movie? When I tried using DVD Shrink, it kept locking up around 25% and gave me an I/O error. I was able to use dvd decryptor, but when I try to back up the file using Shrink, it has the Unreferenced Material. Before, with the unreferenced material, you could manipulate it a little, but not this time, and I think that this is preventing me from putting it on a DVD.

If you have any information, please let me know.
  • Locke1990
    • Nov 2004

The error that I get when trying to back up using the file from dvd decryptor is:
    "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Out of memory. Not enough storage is available to process this command."

I have plenty of HD space. Anyone know what might be causing this error?

Thanks.

Comment

• Experi-Mentor
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2004

have a read here :

Comment

• hoang vu
        • Jun 2005

Used AnyDVD software and Shrink , It would be fine. check it out my friend.

Comment

• toc8g
          • May 2005

I Used the most up to date DVD Decrypter, then VobBlanker and then DVD Shrink! I use Region 1. DVD came out Great!

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
            • Jun 2005

I have been having the same problems as Locke. My shrink will analyze about to 13% and suddenly stop and freeze. I definatley need help. I hope I am posting in the right place. There is certain movies I can not copy. "Am I there yet?" and "Hitch" . Only certain ones. I have read and read this forum and tried everything. Most movies do fine with shrink and latest version of decrypter. But then there are certain ones that just wont work. If I am not mistaken its the Sony ones. And again I have read and tried everything that has been said about sony. Is anyone willing to try and help. I would appreciate it. THANKS!!

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
              • Jun 2005

The message I am getting after the 13% when it quits is "Failed to read file Data Error (cycle redundancy check) ??

Comment

• cynthia
                Super Moderatress
                • Jan 2004

@ dixierebel - try to make a PSL file. http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=51810

It will take you some time - but it will solve it.

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
                  • Jun 2005

ok. I used the dvdfab decryptor and it did save it to my hard drive. I only have one drive to use. So I cant copy at one time. So can you tell me what I do now to put it on a disk? I have tried different options and it is not working.
                  thanks for your reply Cynthia. See if you can help me with this and if not I will have to do it all over and try to make the psl file. THANKS!!

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

You should be able to open the files in 'Open File' mode in DVD Shrink.

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
                      • Jun 2005

Ok I tried that and it says... invalid data then the next time it will say dvd shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue, cannot find file. I am totally lost.
                      Any more ideas?
                      THANKS Cynthia

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
                        • Jun 2005

Well I finally got it to work. I went and read some recently added post and under the problems with hitch and so far so good. Hope it stays that way.!! Thanks Cynthia for your help.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

To DIXIEREBEL

"I went and read some recently added post and under the problems with hitch and so far so good."

What was the additional helpful information that you read?

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• DIXIEREBEL
                            • Jun 2005

@setarip... actually it was your simple info. lol

(Use DVD Decrypter v.3.54 to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").
                            Then use DVD Shrink v.3.2xxx to "Open files")

I had a headache for days trying to figure that movie out, and for it to be so simple. So thanks again. This is a very helpful forum!

Comment

• setarip
                              Retired
                              • Dec 2001

Bitteschoen (You're Welcome);>}

Comment

Working...