Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blang
    • Jun 2005

icopyDVDs2

just wondering if anybody has tried out this program. i just bought it at best buy for about $30. i use that with dvd43free. it is the easiest program i have ever used. you don't need to shrink anything or rip audio track seperate. it does everything for you. you just pop in the dvd it copies it to a temp file, then you put in a blank dvd and it copies it to that. it only take about fourty min. to copy a movie. and it comes out perfect everytime. i haven't found a movie yet that has giving me problems.
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Never heard of this program before - but I downloaded the demo just to do a quick check.

Tried with a DVD and got this message:
    The DVD you are attempting to backup is encoded with copy protection.

Not all movies are copy protected. You can use ICOPYDVDs2 to make a backup copy of personally authored DVDs or non-protected public domain works or movies. In order to backup DVD movies which are copy protected, additional software such as DVD43Free is required. Such software lets your computer read protected data on a DVD movie before/during the process of making a backup copy.

DVD43Free is a free program that is widely available program on the Internet that operates in the background and can remove copy protection. There are several programs available on the Internet and can be located with a search Engine like Google. Not all programs remove all forms of copy protection, so you need to make sure that your protection removal software is up to date.

The laws in some countries prohibit the sales and distribution of software that removes copy protection, so we are unable to integrate the copy protection process into ICopyDvds2.

If you live in the United States, please understand that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) passed in 1998 does not expressly prohibit consumers from making backup copies of digital works - only the sale & distribution of tools that circumvent copy prevention technologies.

DVD43FREE or any other freely available software found on the Internet are developed by independent third parties and are not distributed by, affiliated to or associated with ICOPYDVDs2. We cannot and do not provide support for these third party software products.
    The program also don't accept input from your hard disk - only DVDs. Perhaps you could mount it - didn't tested this out - you can't select your desired device for input either.

Edit: Yes, you can use files from your hard disk - there is a special program do to that. So you should be able to use DVD Decrypter also if you want to do that.

You do need to compress the files if they are bigger than a single disc size - but it's true - the program does that for you.

Thanks for the info on this program and if you are happy with it - that's good.
    Last edited by cynthia; 3 Jun 2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...