Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjmjmj
    • Jun 2005

What software should I use?

I hear that decrypter is like done updating should I consider buying Nero? if so which version of Nero... I really dont know what software I should get is there any software that does 1:2 and you dont have to put the movie on your hard drive first? I really dont know what software I should use.... I bought X Copy and it is really bad you can't even do 1:2
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Nero can't decrypt your DVD.

The latest DVD Shrink updates was for one year ago. You can still use that program - so I do think that you should be able to use DVD Decrypter for the closest time without any greater problems.

Comment

• mjmjmj
      • Jun 2005

what are we going to do when decrypter doesn't update and we can't burn any of the new dvds? i have no clue what Im going to do???

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

You should be able to use PSL code files for those DVDs. The program DVD Decrypter will work a long time.

Comment

• elizerrojas
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Jan 2005

hi cynthia, on the question that mjm just asked you, what are psl code files and how does one work with them? sorry this is a totally new concept to me.

thanks.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

We have a decrypting forum in Digital Digest. I have started up some FAQs about those issues in that forum more or less because I feel that those issues belongs in that forum - not in the DVD Shrink forum.

Comment

• ger@co
              Shrinkslinger, movie only
              • Feb 2004

Originmally posted by mjmjmj
              what are we going to do when decrypter doesn't update and we can't burn any of the new dvds? i have no clue what Im going to do???
              I backup my DVDs not out of necessity but for the fun of it and because I can. Personally, it doesn't bother me as much as it appears to bother you, but I'm sure that something else will come along. If it doesn't, we'll simply have to take better care of our originals.

Later.
              ger@co rulez "A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti." Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins). The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

Working...