firmware upgrade doesn't fix write error with DVR-109 HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcdddy1
    • May 2004

firmware upgrade doesn't fix write error with DVR-109 HELP!!

I am burning now exclusively with Verbatim DL disks using a pioneer DVR-109 burner. I upgraded my firmware to 1.5 - though I had to actually take the drive out of my computer -which is brand new and has intel application accelerator and probably the ultra ATA storage driver made by intel which I think was causing the problems trying to upgrade (gave me a disk is in the drive error message when there was none). I put the drive in my older computer and bam upgrade was a piece of cake. when I put the burner back into my new computer the first burn went well but the second gave me a write error message again once it started writing the second layer. DO I Have a defective burner or what? This is really getting annoying and expensive. You think it may be because my burner is lacking ability ie power to produce a more intense beam to burn the through the second layer?

Thanks
    D.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"has intel application accelerator and probably the ultra ATA storage driver made by intel which I think was causing the problems trying to upgrade (gave me a disk is in the drive error message when there was none)."

If this was indeed the cause of your problem when installing the update, it's very likely the cause of your continuing burning problem. Can you turn off (or uninstall - only if you can later reinstall) the Intel application accelerator? If so, I believe you may have solved your problem...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" - NOT a quote by Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...