X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarkSiseneg
    • Jun 2005

Problems with Dark Shadows DVD Collection

Hello, I am new here,
    I have been having problems using DVD Shrink on the Dark Shadows DVD collection. I cannot get the compression rate larger than 54.9% which makes the backups freeze and choppy also unplayable in my laptop. I downloaded DVD Fab Decrypter which helped considerably. It made it possible to use the backups on my laptop and stand alone but I will still get a freeze from time to time. I was wondering if there is any other software that would be useful to make better backups of these discs.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

dvd shrink is what you should use. full disc or re-author mode? good media, right media? what burn speeds?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DarkSiseneg
      • Jun 2005

I use DVD Shrink after DVD FAB Decrypter to get it down to 4.35 GB. When I used DVD Shrink by itself the backup was not too usable. DVD FAB Decrypter solved that problem. I am burning at 4X I am doing full disc since I want everything on the disc. I am using the correct media for my burner also.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

"When I used DVD Shrink by itself the backup was not too usable"

what does this mean? lol. did you use deep analysis?

for full disc that will be the best you can achieve (54%) it sounds like.
        can you remove some audio streams or subpictures perhaps?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• DarkSiseneg
          • Jun 2005

Yea I used deep analysis, by not too usable I meant it was viewable on PC but froze in the stand alone player, played in the portable DVD player and totally unplayable on my laptop. When I redid it using DVD FAB Decrypter first then DVD Shrink that problem was solved. There is only one audio stream available on disc i did not notice however if there was a subpicture.

Comment

Working...