X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byrdman9802
    • Jun 2005

Please help this newbie - Trying to make a combination dvd from others

Good day everyone,

Hi, I am a newbie here (plus I hope I am posting in the right section with this), and I am having a problem with a project I have undertaken. Any suggestions on this or somewhere else I should post this request would be much appreciated. Thanks again for your attention and help, everyone.

Now to the problem: the thing is, I am a fan of a show, and I have tried to record all of these shows and place them onto several DVD -Rs from my Panasonic dvd recorder. Unfortunately, the shows are out of order, and I am trying to use dvd shrink to combine these shows from separate dvds onto another dvd in the correct order, and I want to make a menu as well to provide navigability between the individual shows.

Now, I have looked, and I do not believe DVD Shrink has anything that would help with this. I cannot find any menu creation anywhere. I have taken the shows and copied them into there, but it only burns to a dvd with a straight playback, and no way to navigate between them. If anyone knows of anything I am overlooking, or if you have any idea of a program or software (or freeware), that would help this process along, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your attention, and I will look forward to any suggestions that anyone has. Take care today!
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

DVDShrink is for shrinking DVD's, not authoring captured TV episodes.

If you want menus, for multiple titles on one dvdr, you need more advanced authoring tools.
    There are two free ones (that I'm aware of), GUIforDVDAuthor, and DVDAuthorGUI, available on the videohelp.com site in the Tools section.
    Alternatively, you could try out DVDLab Pro or Tmpgenc DVD Author, both have 30 day demo's available.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...