X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussiehahn
    • Jul 2005

Incompatible medium installed

Hi there
    I have a Pioneer 108 RW / Nero OEM suite / DWD shrink / DVD identifier and all is up to date including newest firmware for the DVD machine.
    I have purchased 50 x DVD-R (this is what he said it is) disks from my local PC part supplier at A$ 1.00 each.
    DVD Identifier says: Unable to initialize Disk in time - not ready - incompatible medium installed. ( I tried many times and also Nero can not see any disk in the drive at all)
    Any other medium works well.
    Looking at my neighbours trees - he is hangig up CD's to frighten off birds.
    Is this the destination of media or is anybody has a better solution?
    Best regards
    aussiehahn
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Your Pioneer 108 should be able to recognize (and burn) any brand of either DVD+R or DVD-R media.

Have you previously successfully used your Pioneer 108 to burn any DVDs? Since updating the firmware? Was the firmware update from an OFFICIAL Pioneer site?

If it presently recognizes other burnable or burned media, but not media from the 50 pack that you just purchased, return the pack...

Comment

• aussiehahn
      • Jul 2005

Yes, I have burned other different media ( DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW and CD's) with no problems.Also I have downloaded and installed the newest firmware ver.1.20 from the official Pioneer side.
      I will return the pack of coasters to the dealer.
      Thanks for your replay

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

have purchased 50 x DVD-R (this is what he said it is) disks from my local PC part supplier at A$ 1.00 each.

that's way to much for dvd media. Shop around and you will find good media in the $.25 to $.30 range.

Comment

Working...