Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sylence26
    • Aug 2005

Little Help,Please

OK, I last posted that my burner was only burning at like 0.9x speed and when i play the dvd it would not work. Someone told me that my dma had crashed and to reset it . ok,idid that but the setting for the primary channel was dma mode 6,not mode 5 as it was supposed to be, and the burner still wont work. so now what should i do. Some one please help........please.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

What do you mean the "burner still wont work"?

Do you get some kind of error message? Help us help you please.

Comment

• Sylence26
      • Aug 2005

Burner wont burn

i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink to burn dvds,but for a week now it only burns the disk at 0.8-0.9x speed and it says operation completed successfully but when i play the disk it wont read it comes up with a error message and it wont work. someone said that my dma had crashed and they gave me instructions on how to reset it, but when it reset it was ultra dma mode 6 instead of ultra dma mode 5 like they said it should be,and the disks are still only burning at 0.9x speed.so i dont know what to do now.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Did you check both IDE channels to see if DMA was on?

You have a Primary and Secondary IDE channel. You need to check both.

Check your DMA settings - How ? do this -> Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers> Right Click Primary IDE channel (and Secondary IDE channel after you finish with Primary)> Properties> Advanced Settings Tab> Transfer Mode or <a href="http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616">click here to learn.</a>

Do the above from both "Primary & Secondary IDE channels".

I (We) and you need to look at whats in both "Transfer Mode" and "Current Transfer Mode". Screen shot below is what I'm talking about.

You can also look here for some other solutions: http://sniptools.com/vault/getting-b...windows-xp.htm

If it is in "PIO" mode. Click the "Driver" tab, and uninstall the driver. Then reboot. Upon rebooting windows will automatically reinstall the driver and it should go back to "DMA" mode.

Comment

• Sylence26
          • Aug 2005

checked the settings

ok,i checked the dma stuff before and it was in pio mode, so i uninstalled it and rebooted....etc. but in the primary in the first box it was ultra dma mode 6 and the second is in ultra dma mode 2. the secondary was ultra dma mode 2 for both , but it still wont burn.

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

What program are you using to burn Nero Or DVD Decrypter? What speed are you trying to burn at?

Comment

• Sylence26
              • Aug 2005

Burner programs

ok, i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for making copies,i burn with dvd decrypter at 8x speed usually. i was having great success with these before ive burned probably 200 movies and never had a problem with them,until the last week.

Comment

• jm1647
                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                • Apr 2005

Are you using the same media? Try burning at a slower speed it might cut the time down.

Comment

• Sylence26
                  • Aug 2005

i cant

read my first thread, its not the time i care about its the fact that my burner is crapped out.

Comment

Working...