Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knokternul
    • Jul 2005

problems burning

I have problems with my DVDs being choppy near the end of the movie. It seems I've tried everything to correct this problem. I'm using Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD+R and playing them on a playstation 2. So the problem probably isn't with the media. To decode the original DVDs I use DVD decrypter (file mode) and then DVD shrink (with Nero enabled) to burn the files onto the DVD+R. The scenes play flawlessly before I burn them, but skip when they're on DVD. I've selected to burn at lower speeds with DVD shrink such as 2.4X and 4X. Still it makes no difference. I've been wasting dozens of DVDs. Anyone have a solution?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Hold on to those dvd's until you double check on a GOOD standalone player.
    What's you burner and firmware(use nero info tool)?
    It's not the media!

If the freezing mostly happens at the end, try Jmet's solution!
    I use 4350 as my magic number with all my burns.
    Last edited by Chewy; 9 Sep 2005, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

If your backup freezes, stutters, skips, or has some pixelation, it is more than likely due to poor quality media being used. Cheap media is poorly manufactured around the edge of the disc, hence the reason why it mostly skips or freezes from the middle toward the end of the movie. The two main things to consider first are:

1. Is it cheap media that you are using? (ie. some off brand you bought at a local computer store/fair, even a store like Circuit City or Best Buy sells cheap low quality media.)

2. How fast are you burning? - Burn no faster than 4X, might have to go down to 2X with really cheap media.

Also, are you using adhesive labels on your back ups? If so, try removing the labels (if you can) and playing them again. Go here for more info on why not to use labels. - http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=28604

You can go here for some other possible solutions: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44912

Also try lowering outcome the "Target DVD size".

Open DVD Shrink. Click "Edit", then "Preferences". On the first tab at the top in the drop down box, change it from "DVD-5 (4.7GB) to "Custom" and enter a number of 4200MB (4464MB is burning to the edge of the disc, you want to stay away from the edge as the edge of cheap media (disc's) are poorly manufactured). Screen Shot Below:

Comment

Working...