And the last minute of the burn,
    the drive pops out the dvd
    and says that there was
    an error with some of the files.
    Any ideas on what is causing
    this problem????
  • nettie
    • Oct 2005

ohhh me too koodava..I have just been searching the forum to find out if there is a way to fix this prior to asking..it is just the wierdest thing as it worked fine up untill yesterday...burns all the sectors and then fails in the last sec of burn???...I too am using dvd shrink and burning with record now...humm..do hope some one knows something...Nettie

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

"RecordNow!: Common Fixes for Burning Errors in RecordNow
      Description
      Burning: Drive problems

Symptom
      Most common burning issues can be resolved by a few quick updates. Solution
      Some basic fixes for RecordNow desktop products (many of these solutions apply for other Sonic products as well).
      Check to see if the rewritable drive is on the supported hardware list for the particular application in question.
      Check the specifications of the CD/DVD media to see if they match the specifications of the rewritable drive.
      Latest firmware updates for the rewritable drive.
      PXengine update.
      Where to find the supported hardware list?
      You can find the supported hardware list here.
      The following is what you should look for as far as comparing specifications
      Each piece of media whether it be CD or DVD, have certain specifications that apply to them, format and speed at which it can be written to. For example CD-R, 1x-32x or DVD+RW, 2.4x.
      Each rewritable drive has certain specifications that specify what media it can burn to, at what speed. Whether it is CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW at certain speeds.
      Check whether the CD/DVD media specifications match the rewritable drive specifications. (ie. If you have a high speed burner, trying to burn to low speed media, this would probably not work. The same is true for trying to use and older, low speed burner to burn newer, high speed media.)
      Where can you get the basic fixes?
      You must get firmware updates for the manufacturer of the device or computer.
      The PXengine update can be found here. You must be a registered user in order to receive the update, and a download code will be emailed to the customer.
      NOTE: THIS DOCUMENT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO THE CHANGES IN UPDATES.

modified 12/10/04 "

Comment

Working...