DVD Decrypter is no longer but, now there is ImgBurn!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

DVDDecrypter Q

Hi folks,
    I have a question ... hope it is not stupid ...
    Q1: I have been using DVDDecrypter for burning (writing) my ISO Files on DVD's. It has NEVER let me down. Question: Why do I need to change from it?

Q2: I have never enabled my "Burn-Proof" option in DVDDecrypter .... becuase I was assuming this function might increase teh Burning process of my DVDs and I did not care for the longer time Since I had not experienced any problems in my Burnt DVDs qualities? Question: choosing "Burn-Proof" option will it ADD to my recording timw?

Q3: If I have a TYG02 (Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X) ... what SPEED would you folks recommend I should burn it at to get a GOOD and Solid burn? 4X or 8X?

Thanks!

Comment

• cornholio7
      Unavailable
      • Jun 2005

hi
      1 : img burn is written by the same person that wrote dvd decrypter. decrypter is no longer being developed where imgburn is. new features are being added all the time
      2 : burn proof will not increase the time taken , dma problems will. default settings work best
      3 : i burn these discs at 8x and get quality scan scores over 99%

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Thanks Corn ... you have been most helpful.
        BTW, I saw a question earlier from another person which I believe it never got answered ...

Q1: if I install "ImgBurn" on my computer WILL it Over-write any part of my existing DVDDecrypter program?

Q2: Or will ImgBurn Conflict with DVDDecrypter's operation in any way?

Thanks!

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Q1: if I install "ImgBurn" on my computer WILL it Over-write any part of my existing DVDDecrypter program?
          Nope

Q2: Or will ImgBurn Conflict with DVDDecrypter's operation in any way?
          Nope

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

The two co exist just fine!
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• gonwk
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2005

Wow ... talk about a "Fast Service". THANKS Jmet & Zero for your prompt replies.
              Gonwk!

Comment

• soduah
                • Dec 2005

How come I can't burn movie files generated with either DVD-Shrink of Nero Recoder with ImgBurn? It shows and Error when I tried using it. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

you have to creat an iso(image) file to use imgburn

Comment

• yoyo
                    • Mar 2006

Thanks still using DVDD.....

Comment

• pink_candies
                      • Jan 2007

I've just downloaded it. It seems to crash everytime I open it and after I close it, it crashes.

Comment

Working...