Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmetwo
    • Feb 2005

DVD Writer Won't Recognize/Format RWs

I have an IoMagic DVD writer (IDVD16DD). It works fine for recoding DVD-Rs and DVD+Rs, but it won't recognize DVD-RWs and DVD+RWs and won't format them with Nero's InCD. I think I have the same problem with CD-RWs.
    The firmware on the writer is current.

Any ideas? I don't think Nero is the problem because I also tried unsuccessfully to format with DVDInfoPro and that didn't work either.

I was wondering if updating something on my computer (BIOS, etc.) might solve the problem. Or should I just junk this writer and get a new one?

Thanks!
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

Part #: IDVD16DD
    IOMagic's 16X DVD±RW/±R simplifies DVD ReWritable Technology with one unit that does it all; giving you the ability to read and write to popular formats including DVD+R(DL), DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R, CD-R, CD-RW. Dual Format technology gives you the freedom to choose the media format (-R, -RW, +R, +RW) that is most compatible with your computer or home DVD player, while the Double Layer technology allows you to store twice as much data on DVD DL media; that's up to 8.5GB of storage! You can create your own DVD movies and music CDs, then view or listen them from your computer. Includes FREE black faceplate. Now you can change the faceplate of your drive from standard beige color to the included black faceplate to match your computers appearance.

According to the above it's supposed to do it. it might be a media problem. What media are you using?

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Could you post a log file from Nero ?

To do so, go here: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero
      Look for a file named "NeroHistory.log"
      Open that file up and copy the last log in it.
      Then paste it here.

Comment

• wmetwo
        • Feb 2005

Nero log file

The Nero log file is attached. Thanks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jmet; 25 Oct 2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
          DiskPeripheral : ST340810A IdeChnDr Port 0 ID 0 DMA: On
          CdRomPeripheral : COMPAQ DVD-ROM GDR8160B IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
          CdRomPeripheral : DVDRW IDE 16X IdeChnDr Port 1 ID 1 DMA: Off
          the last log at least is for the r media. your DMA is off for it.

get rid of INcd with the clean tool
          Centre de téléchargement Nero - Découvrez nos produits ! ✓Nero Platinum Suite ✓Nero Single Products ✓Nero Content Packs ✓Free Products ✓Free Tools ✓Windows Store Apps ► Plus d'infos ici

Existing drivers:
          File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0001) built by: WinDDK, size=16512 bytes, created 5/6/2002 11:01:14 AM
          File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=2.03.28a, size=20640 bytes, created 3/11/2005 6:28:13 PM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)
          File 'Drivers\InCDfs.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 20, 1, size=101504 bytes, created 7/25/2005 11:53:28 AM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
          File 'Drivers\InCDpass.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 20, 1, size=29696 bytes, created 7/25/2005 11:53:04 AM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)
          File 'Drivers\InCDrec.SYS': Ver=4, 3, 20, 1, size=8704 bytes, created 7/25/2005 11:53:30 AM (InCD4 driver for win NT/2K/XP)

Registry Keys:
          Disc Manufacturer ID: MBIPG101
          try a superior media.
          Last edited by LT. Columbo; 25 Oct 2005, 11:17 AM.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• wmetwo
            • Feb 2005

Enabling DMA; Uninstalling InCD

There is no "Advanced Settings" tab under Channel Properties which allows DMA to be enabled. Also, how does it help to uninstall InCD?

Thanks.

Comment

• jm1647
              • Apr 2005

Are you checking the IDE Controller Properties or the Primary and Secondary Channel properties listed under the IDE Controller? See here

InCd has been know to cause conflicts.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

wmetwo, i think just wants to understand our reasons for our suggestions, it's good to ask questions. this is how i interpreted the post anyway, since a "thanks" was included with it---maybe i'm wrong though
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

The MBIPG101R04 has been giving some pretty good burns. It seems the higher the speed the better. See here

Edit - What is the brand and Manufacturer Identification of the +RW that is giving you trouble?

Comment

• wmetwo
                    • Feb 2005

Media Giving Problems

Sony DVD-RWs and Memorex DVD+RWs

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Wow 2 different brand names . I wonder if they are the same MID. Can you post a Nero Log trying to use them. Or could you use DVD Identifier to get the media information and post it. Get it here.

Comment

Working...