X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Well done, this a first for me.

I was ready to say get a new drive, looks like you might have to try another
    burning software.

Have you tried the other disks since updating your computer/burner/software?

Comment

• catgurl
      • Mar 2005

ack.... going to kill my computer....

Hi Chewy,

Well, considering I'm computer illiterate, guess that I'm doing okay.. hahaha...

Anyways.... the initial problem was that the new fuji dvd-r's did not work, so I updated my firmware. I managed to burn one more disc that was initially considered "illegal disc", and thought that problem was solved. Afterwards, NONE of the different discs worked.. I have no idea..

I have tried all of the dvd-r's but none of them work... If I have to change software, any recommendations? I find it strange since it was working before with lower version of Nero....

Thanks again...

CG

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

if you could use decrypter or imageburn to burn an iso image then
        we could verify the burners health, but use some other disks,
        2 out of 3 in that spindle may be bad(look under a bright light at them).

Comment

• catgurl
          • Mar 2005

giving up for now...

Hi Chewy,

I have no idea with the burner.. I thought that some of the discs might be bad, but my bf can use them in his burner... so that rules out that theory... so, I figure that I'll try calling and getting through to the BenQ tech support and see what they can figure out... maybe after the Christmas weekend....

Will keep you updated as to what BenQ says... since you are probably curious as to why my bad dvd burner is misbehaving.... Maybe it needs some threats and S & M or something... hahahah...

CG...

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

"I thought that some of the discs might be bad, but my bf can use them in his burner... so that rules out that theory... "
            Does your B/F have the same identical burner? If not, then you can't go by that statement.

Comment

• catgurl
              • Mar 2005

Yay!!! Can burn Dvd nows! BenQ site firmware defective!

Hi Chewy and Jmet!

Hope that you guys had a great Christmas with friends and family!

Anyways, my dvd burner is fixed and can burn dvd's now like before. I tried contacting BenQ, and they told me to call their toll free number. Well, after being on hold for 45 minutes, I sent them another e-mail the other day. They didn't reply yet.

I went back to the BenQ website, and turns out that they have another firmware for different drives, ("retail" with logo on the front of burner and "bulk" version, no log on burner)

See following URL:

I downloaded the bulk version firmware and it wouldn't flash my drive, saying that it could not do it. My BF tried finding more info about the firmware. Anyways, he downloaded the most recent firmware for my drive, flashed and now works fine...

So, final point, BenQ's official site's firmware for DW 1610 is defective!!!!!!

Here's the url that I downloaded and flashed from....

So, now I am back to burning away... All of my dvd-r's are also working fine....

Anyways... just wanted to update you guys and share the info! Thanks so much for your help and support!!! I learned a few more things as well!!!!

Have a great new 2006 year as well to you both!!!!

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

Great! Glad you got it all worked out!

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

To whom it may concern, Benq has a unique dual firmware system,
                  the B line and the G line, Pro(retail) vs Bulk(oem), their tools and quality
                  error scanning are supported by the pricier B line. These different official firmware lines do not crossflash(eg, a G firmware on a B drive).

However there are always exceptions, the burning geeks use modified flashing tools to crossflash, chewy got a G drive that wouldn't scan for 34$, a lot of reading(searching), 3 flashes later, chewy has a B drive.

catgurl, you have the B line.

Comment

Working...