How do you check & change the burning speed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldie2917
    • Jan 2006

How do you check & change the burning speed?

I am totally new to burning, can someone please tell me how to change the speed that I am burning at? Also, is it normal for everything else to run extremely slow when burning a dvd?
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

What program(s) do you use to burn with? All popular apps should have a speed control to give you a speed option before the burn. As for the slow going, check to make sure that your DMA is on all drives.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• goldie2917
      • Jan 2006

Dma is on all drives, I use DVD Shrink, and Nero 7 to burn

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

If you are trying to burn fast on a old computer it will slow everything else down and make a few coasters while it's at it.

If you burn a few disks manually and test, that's the best way to get the hang of what speed your combination of burner and media will work best.

Comment

• Raven386
          • Nov 2005

if your using shrink.
          1.) load your disc or files. select the files you want.
          2)click download. a small message box will appear. select Burn Settings, and change it to the speed desired. - See Attachment -
          Attached Files
          Not a member? Sign Up Here

Comment

• goldie2917
            • Jan 2006

Thanks, I actually found it, I am working on a new pc, HP 1230 n, just 2 1/2 months old, I found out today that my DVD drive is messed up, HP fed exing me a new one, will have it tomorrow, hopefully that will solve some of my problems. TY for all your help

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

No problem, glad you figured it out.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
              Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...