Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • funktavious
    • Dec 2005

burner will not recognize blank media

Has anybody ever bought blank media that their burner will just not recognize? I bought these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1. I know buying on ebay can be risky but it was a great price and they are supposed to be MCC which is 1st class media. I haven't been able to run any kinds of tests on them because the burner doesn't read them. It spins loudly and makes some aweful grinding sounds when it's in the burner. I am using a LiteOn 1633. Any suggestions?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

check out jmet's guide on checking for a firmware update to see if one can be done.

It spins loudly and makes some aweful grinding sounds when it's in the burner. I am using a LiteOn 1633
    i don't know what causes that noise but, my writer did that too with some media before my firmware update. i've never had a problem with my writer yet. (knock on wood).

if you do need it, BSOS is the latest at liteonamericas website, but here shows BSOY as the newest. i'd install it.http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1934 it's been updated less than a month ago.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 26 Jan 2006, 07:48 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• geno888
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by funktavious
      It spins loudly and makes some aweful grinding sounds when it's in the burner.
      My 1633 lived for only 6 months. Initially it started to do strange noises like yours, and after a couple of weeks it broken definitively.

I suggest you to check if your burner is still in warranty

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Maybe test in a friend's burner? If it still doesn't work, give the ebay seller negative rep. Or ask for a refund
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...