Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

well they didn't quite die, just started scanning from 0-20, I recovered the data. Replaced on 30c TYG02 & G03's, made in japan. To think I paid over a dollar for the first G05's when they came out.

Comment

• eamclaug523
      Hack the Planet Fan
      • Dec 2005

Good media is definately the key. i've got 600GB of movies on hard drives that i need to reburn on good media. Thankfully everyone here steered me away from bad media before i had to dig all my movies out of storage again.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

course the 4x are gone. they will send 8x

Comment

• eamclaug523
          Hack the Planet Fan
          • Dec 2005

awesome, thanks. i just orded some 5 days ago, but at that price i can afford to stock up.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

Originally Posted by Chewy
            I thought you meant other dvd's branded mitsubishi? are they made in India?
            taiwan...

no...car is mits.motors,pen is mits.pencils and verbatims are mitsu.chemicals
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

• sonic_emperor
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2003

Originally Posted by katana
              I've burnt quite a few Ritek G05 with no problems. I checked them afterwards with Nero CD-DVD Speed and they all appeared to be good burns with no errors.
              Maybe in a few years they'll degrade and I'll regret not going with Taiyo Yuden lol. Time will tell...
              i had only horror like experiences with ritekg05s,initialy,when i put one in my comp it takes about 15sec to read media id etc,and with verbatims it reads it just as i open dvdinfo,i burnt 4gb of my mp3s on it,and it seems that it was a bad burn at 8x(speed that they are certified),and i burnt "danny the dog" dvd (at 2x) placed it in a slimcase,3h later i try to bun another copy...dvdd reports unreadable sectors,although the nero scan showed no bad areas,i thought this was funny,so i imagine it could have sth to do with the only idea that crossed my mind - my nec 2510 doesnt like riteks very much
              and i think they are more exposed to scratches in a way,verbatims are more resistant,and resistance is futile
              cro-anthem-video

Comment

Working...