X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

If I remember correctly Nero 5.5 was still unlimited shareware
    Only if the Nero software wasn't pre-bundled with a burner.

Comment

• Abuilder
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Oct 2006

jmet
      That ftp is nero's archive site so it's not the OEM ver:
      Does anybody want to play with Ver: 3 ?
      It's in there! LOL
      They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

I was talking about his 5.5 version he had from a different burner.

Comment

• brett88
          • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by jmet
          That is more than likely why its not working. That OEM version of Nero was designed only to work with that particular burner. Meaning if you ever switched to a different burner, it wouldn't work.
          Sorry, I think ive confused you.

There is no problem with my nero at the moment (which i had upgraded so its functionality surpassed the oem version, and now works fine with my dvd burner); As of yet, I simply do not know if nero5.5 will work with dvd shrink or not. I haven't tried dvd shrink yet. I was just wanting to know before i tried it. I probably will work, but i was just asking.
          Last edited by brett88; 3 Nov 2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Donnalda
            • Jun 2006

Have been googling around for a Link for 6.6.o.18 and did do a d/l after removal with the Clean Tool, Clean Driver and Registry Checker and a Reg clean with my Tune up 6 cleaner.

But after some reading in other forums, it was indicated that there is another Link for the Nero Vision....the player as I don't see it in this Link.

Do you have this Link, although I use Intervideo dvd, but it is nice to have an alternative.

I would appreciate comments, thankyou.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

You should be able to do that here but do not touch InCD. If you are looking at players may I suggest Media Player Classic or VLC.

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php.
              Last edited by soup; 7 Nov 2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Donnalda
                • Jun 2006

Hi, thx for the reply so quickly. Yesterday I spent the whole day b/c I got some bad Links from another forum and corrupted my IE 6, OE, Any DVD and so I spent the whole day ridding of the Nero 6.6.0.18 and I couldn't even get the Clean Tools to do this without disconnecting my Router and disabling my sp2 Firewall which made me feel terribly vulnerable while I was trying to d/l my Tools in order to rid of this program and then do a Reg Clean. I have never had to do this with any program however that is what happened with the Links that I was given.

I saved the tools in a folder on my Desktop in case I need them in the future.
                This is exactly how I felt spending my Sunday>>>>> . I finally got the Nero .18 uninstalled and then did a Reg Clean with my Tune up 6 that I always use. I could not believe that a d/l would require all this disconnecting and disabling and I also had to place a check mark by the TLS 1.0 as well.

Then I decided to google around today having gotten everything uncorrupted and came across your forum here.

The Links in that Nero forum must have been corrupt or something??????????

This is the Link for the Nero Vision that was given to me:http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/software....2.1_no_yt.exe
                I removed that link and I see that your Link is different for this part of Nero and so I feel more comfortable to d/l yours regarding Nero Vision. ( nero player) I just went to that Link and that is not what was on there yesterday when i installed the Nero Vision unless you can find it amongst all of what is on that page. The page is totally different today. I am really confused now b/c that is the link that I did the d/l for the nero vision that was from the Nero forum?????????????????

Any comments on their Link?? It was one of 2 that caused me misery

I notice that you put to stay away from InCd, I know about that headache. Is that in the Link that you gave me, and if I d/l it, is there a choice to not install InCd or does it do it automatically?
                All I wanted was the player. Just so I kept everything Nero and didn't confuse myself with so many different programs on my notebook as I see that you did mention a couple of other players. I use Inter Video mostly anyway, but I like to have another one in case Intervideo fails me. And I don't like to have Nero as "Default anything" as I have Clone Dvd on this notebook as well.
                I just like to have back up burning software in case one fails me when I am in a pinch.

1. If you can tell me how to make sure that I don't install InCd from your Link I would appreciate it.

2. Also, I read about Shrink and members having problems, I thought that was only with the .14 version, does it have a problem with .18 as well as I have it on my notebook and have had it for sometime. I really don't want to start uninstalling and doing a Reg Clean again if it is really not necessary.
                I would appreciate your comment on this as well.

Your Link worked well and I have nothing corrupt. The next thing I have to do is see if the program will burn on my BenQ external 162I (16X) which is my reliable burner using the BenQ phone support media of R+ Maxell, Sony, Imation or TDK and I use the Book Management and burn in DVD-ROM. ( I will post again hear as to my results!!) fingers crossed!!

3. Lastly, the reason I want to use Nero is to backup all of my program cd's which my manager has been after me about.
                Can I simply do "copy cd" to do this even though it is not a music cd.

4. Oh yes, there is one more thing, I have read in some forums about finalizing ones cd's or there is problems. I have never done a music cd backup and wondered if Nero does this finalizing for you or is there something else I have to do.
                As you can see I am wet behind the ears with burning, but have a little knowledge.

I look forward to experienced and knowledgeable comments.

Best Regards.
                Last edited by Donnalda; 7 Nov 2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

Okay it might take me a while to get through the ?'s but here is a couple of answers for you. I notice you have IE6, have you looked at IE7? There is also Mozilla FireFox which is free. At that update site which I have used, InCD is update #3, just don't touch that one, everything else is okay except you want to stay with your version of Nero. Media Player Classic is an excellent program, in fact it is my default over quite a few others that I have. I or somebody else will surely answer the other ?'s as we go along. BTW copy Cd should work fine. For burning dvd backups I would recommend ImgBurn & it's free.

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by Donnalda
                    This is the Link for the Nero Vision that was given to me:http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/software....2.1_no_yt.exe.
                    That is a link to download "Update-Package 2" of the Nero suite. While that may be the correct link you were looking for (cause it contains Nero Showtime 2), you first need to install Package 1 before you did package 2 (The link that soup gave you is the link I made to get Package 1). "Update-Package 3" is the one you don't want, as that package is the "INCD" package.

Here is a link to all three packages, just forewarned that Update-Package 1 will not work with DVD Shrink. - http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php

My recommendations is to get Nero Update-Package 1 from the first page of this thread. Get Update-Package 2 from the link above.
                    Last edited by jmet; 7 Nov 2006, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

The problem with Dvd Shrink & Nero is if you let Dvd Shrink call up Nero to burn (automatically) you need to stay with the version you have but if you burn manually you can update to the latest version which is 6.6.1.4.

Comment

• Donnalda
                        • Jun 2006

Thx for the reply, I am still confused as to what is the d/l for nero player, is that part of the nero vision d/l.

This is what I have d/l from your site and burned a dvd backup and it turned out fine, I found this thread
                        http://forumupdate-digest.com/showthread.php?t=62465 when I was googling and then did the d/l 6.6.0.18_noyt.exe (32.2 mb) and no problems in doing a burn I was so happy , not like what I went through yesterday from the other forum>>>> !!!!

All I want now is the nero player for 6.6.0.18 and NO InCd, I am afraid that I might make a mistake and d/l it by mistake.
                        I would appreciate it if you could let me know what is the correct d/l for this version's nero player.

After what happened yesterday with the Links that I was given I am afraid to try anything that I am not clear on as I don't want to spend another day cleaning the registry and uninstalling and reinstalling corrupted programs.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

package 2 from here, it explains what is in it?

Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

Comment

• jmet
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2002

All I want now is the nero player for 6.6.0.18
                            Like Chewy previously suggested, you want Update-Package 2, as it contains Nero ShowTime 2.

BTW Chewy, Congrats on 11,000 Posts!
                            Last edited by jmet; 8 Nov 2006, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• soup
                              Just Trying To Help
                              • Nov 2005

You already have your default player, so even if it comes up the correct answer is no to default because you don't want that. Anytime you are downloading or installing anything, read what it says very carefully, just don't let it install. If you have any problems in the future, just post to ask the ?. Remember everybody had to start somewhere.

@ Chewy I add my congratulations on 11000.

Comment

• Donnalda
                                • Jun 2006

In this package 2 in the Link posted I get a choice of Nero Vison/ Player and also is there in it a place to check off that I don't want Nero as my Default that was contained in One of the 2 bad Links I got on Sunday from the Nero forum.

Being a Noob at this I don't want to make an error.

Then ignore Package 3 which contains InCd, sorry to repeat this but I don't want what happened to me on Sunday to do an encore and I end up spending hours again frustrated in front of the computer trying to correct corrupted programs. As I mentioned I think the d/l Links were from Soft Pedia as it was mentioned later and there was something definitely wrong with them as our office software techie tried them out at home.

you guys here are great for the help, as I need it in plain english as i am no computer whiz when it comes to burning or anything; but I do try to ask questions before I hit "Run"!!!
                                Best Regards.

Comment

Working...