X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarah B
    • Feb 2006

Incompatibility between Roxio, Nero and Windows XP

Hi there,

I recently created a data DVD on someone else's Windows XP PC using Roxio. I then tried to access the files on my PC simply using Windows XP. At first it showed me the files but wouldn't let me access them. Then it just totally froze and I could do absolutely nothing with the disk; it also got stuck in the drive, and neither the physical nor onscreen Eject buttons would work. The disk now seems permanently stuffed. Since I have Nero InCD installed, I'm wondering whether this caused the seizure, even though it wasn't running at the time??

I am about to get several DVDs from another person - but I don't know which program they used to burn. Should I uninstall Nero InCD and rely on Windows XP to view? Does this remove a potential layer of incompatability - or not make the blindest bit of difference? If the latter, is there anything I can do to make sure I will be able to access the files?

Cheers,
    Sarah B.
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

If you plan on burning you should remove InCD. It can cause problems with that process. Try removing it to see if it gets rid of your problem.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

Working...