Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

prof are you still using an old 4x burner?

Comment

• Prof
      • Jul 2005

Here are is what i'm getting burning at 8x Bad media or is it possible I'm doing something wrong?

Comment

• Prof
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
        http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/118

prof are you still using an old 4x burner?
        No, just got a new 8x burner

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Chewy, do you think that NEC 3550 is a reliable scanner?

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

@Prof

I asked to a CDFreaks member if this scan could be reliable, and he answered me that most (not all) of NEC drives are not reliable as scanners. So I'm not sure that your burning is really so bad.

If you have a friend with a liteon or a benq drive, try to do a scan of this disc.

I also suggest you to do always a transfer rate test after the scan, because sometimes happen that a disc with a good scan is unreadable. Doing both test increase further reliability of disc tests

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

do you think that NEC 3550 is a reliable scanner?

some are, some aren't, I calibrated mine and found 8x to be it's best scan speed. For PIF's, it's very close to my benq on a 95QS disk. Some scan better at 12x. I suspect there's a problem with the MCC 003 media, a lot of that stuff was made by cmc mag in tawain before verb and cmc got their
              act together with the mcc 004. 8x would be my test of that media and that burner. Need to do a transfer test and look for dips in the graph line.
              That 3.7 gig clump spike is the only thing I worry about and I saw that or
              worse in 5 or 6 of my latter burns with mcc 004. Seems about 25% had issues.

Comment

• NightTran
                King of Digital Video
                King of Digital Video
                • Aug 2005

My nec did not give good burn right away after I burn a few discs, I think you also need to cross scan with a benq or lighton to make sure your nec's scan is reliable
                sigpic

Comment

• JediLJB
                  I've got a bad feeling about this...
                  • Mar 2006

nero cd-dvd speed question

I'm using a TS-L532r drive with Taiyo-Yuden discs burned at 4x with DVDFABExpress to archive/backup my LARGE tv show dvd collection. My questions/problem are:

Using Nero cd-dvd speed 4.50 (scan Disc), my burns seem to average 99.5-99.9 (good) what problems (if any) should I expect with these results upon playback in the legend box at the bottom there are usually several files that say they are at 47% while the rest say 100% (whatever this means)???

Also, I can't on ANY disc get 'Disc Quality' to work, the 'start' button stays gray... I've tried to run 'Disc Quality' right after 'Scan Disc' and even before.

Am I doing something wrong? or am I as Carlos Mencia might say DEE DEE DEE??
                  All wisdom is appreciated.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Jedi,
                    Your drive does not support PIF testing so any QS is meaningless.
                    Just go with a transfer test, and look for smooth lines.

see testing your burn in blutach's signature

Comment

• JediLJB
                      I've got a bad feeling about this...
                      • Mar 2006

Chewie,

Thanks, at least I won't keep wondering what I'm doing wrong (in not getting Disc Quality to work)
                      Can I put any faith into the 'Scan Disc' results I've been getting??
                      I'll ck Blutach's info
                      Thanx again.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

scan disk is ok but the transfer disk show bad areas that might cause problems later, A 50 QS disk might show heavy read dips in the bad areas of the burn which scan disk says are fine. Making a data disk is even more informative since you can correlate bad areas with known burn speeds.

Comment

Working...