Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Mill you have serial hard drive(s?) and 2 ide controllers, why not have each burner on it's own cable? I even make sure they don't share a power cable, but then I do ridiculous tests and hunt elusive trophies like real low pif total burns.

12 cof is when you take a good burn and put in a real good reader like the benq 1650 and tell nero to
    copy on the fly at 12x to the nec 3550

that's how I tested my pairing of burners(after trying at 8x first and using so so burns at 4x)
    Last edited by Chewy; 14 Apr 2006, 02:47 AM.

Comment

• mill
      Im Off To See The Wizard
      • Oct 2005

Thanks for info . I also have the plextor in there with them ,the plextor on its on ide. And the nec on the other
      Keep Plugin away

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

slave the plex to the benq, they both scan and read rather well

Comment

• mill
          Im Off To See The Wizard
          • Oct 2005

Well that effect any firmware updates if there on the same ide [plextor and the benq], im told the plextor is a rebage of the benq, and do you know the latest firmware for the benq?
          Keep Plugin away

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

Well that effect any firmware updates if there on the same ide [plextor and the benq],
            I would play it safe and disconnect the plex and update in safe mode with the benq all by itself on the cable.

BCFC is out in china, but seems to make all burns chinese!
            Hi, Lots of folks looking out for this. http://service.benq.com.cn/UploadFile/Drivers/ZIP/DW1650_Firmware_BCFC.zip...

Comment

• mill
              Im Off To See The Wizard
              • Oct 2005

lol make all your burns chinese , im having problems getting over to cd freaks to get the latest firmware for the nec keep getting page cannot be displayed.
              Last edited by mill; 14 Apr 2006, 03:49 AM.
              Keep Plugin away

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

of course they make the burners there anyway

Comment

• Zero G
                  Next to Arch Stanton
                  • Jan 2006

Just got my 1650 and it came with BCDC firmware. I see you are using BCFC Chewy. What are your thoughts on that firmware compared to BCDC?
                  "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Let bcdc learn your favorite medias, scan a few see how they turn out.
                    Expect the last burns to be better, if you are satisfied stick with it, I leave all settings for default, downloaded qsuite but haven't tried it yet.
                    Some like the later firmware, depends upon the media burned

Comment

• Zero G
                      Next to Arch Stanton
                      • Jan 2006

I'll fire it up tonight and try it out. I downloaded qsuite the other day too. Haven't installed it yet though.
                      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

don't wear it out burning too many test disks, it's too valuable as a reader and scanner, I babied my 1620 that way and let my son have it, he'll
                        wear it out burning quick enough.

Comment

• Zero G
                          Next to Arch Stanton
                          • Jan 2006

My LG GSA 4160 isn't liking some of the media I have been coming across lately. I'll keep using it on stuff that works with it though. I wish there was a firmware for that drive to allow for bitsetting.

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

Benq will set you free
                            sigpic

Comment

• Zero G
                              Next to Arch Stanton
                              • Jan 2006

I just need an excuse to leave work early now so I can set my machine up.

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

you will like 1650
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...