Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Well I tried the benq on a cracked cd last night. I had not been able to recover the damaged area. With the help of the little sheep and the benq I was able to make a working backup. It read real slow, but managed to have success. This drive should be great for reading poor discs.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Don't ever try that again, I put our club's only copy of a special extended
      dance mix we use for the barn dance in a premium plex cd burner to try to save a cracked disk, the disk exploded ruining a very expensive drive. As soon as the drive spun up,
      KAABLAMMMMMMM!

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

I'll take your advice. Glad it didn't blow up!
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Furiousg
          If you have any poo....throw it now
          • Dec 2005

Wow...I've never even considered that before. Seems pretty common sense now though LOL

Thanks for the tip Wookie.

That would have caused quite the explosion last night Zero, there would have been shrapnel everywhere after you were done repeatedly applying your size 11 Nike's to your tower LMAO
          -FuriousG-

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

I plug my 1650 with a nec 3550 will see how it go will do few test tonight
            sigpic

Comment

• Zero G
              Next to Arch Stanton
              • Jan 2006

Is there a guide to tell me everthing I'm looking at in Nero CD-DVD Speed?

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I am glad you asked that question, figured we need one but hesitant to do so.

try a search for cdspeed

Comment

• Zero G
                  Next to Arch Stanton
                  • Jan 2006

Don't be hesitant. I could sure use one.

Comment

• locoeng
                    Who Farted?
                    • Dec 2005

How scary is this....can't be legit

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

DVD-ROM - IDE

not even a cd writter, w/ same shipping as newegg total is $34.34

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

it is legit but it a dvd- rom only can not write
                        sigpic

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

Ah the attention to detail..I didn't even notice that.

Please don't put me in the D'oh thread...LOL
                          Last edited by locoeng; 8 May 2006, 11:33 AM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                          Walt Kelly

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

After reading pages and pages of reviews ... still can't decide.

I need to replace my BenQ1640 (BSQB) with something (I have used it to burn 4000+ dvds & cds) so I think it will come to its end one of these days ...

So, If I don't really care for the "Lightscribe" ... should I get the BenQ1650???
                            Or an NEC or LG!?!?!?

Please Qualify your response!

Thanks!
                            G!

Comment

• NightTran
                              King of Digital Video
                              King of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

if you get 50 try to get the retail one, it seem my retail 55 is better then the 50 ( not retail)
                              sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by NightTran
                                if you get 50 try to get the retail one, it seem my retail 55 is better then the 50 ( not retail)
                                that's mostly the luck of the draw, I have seen excellent units of all types of
                                165X's, my 1650 was oem from newegg

Comment

Working...