X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

did you burn again with different disc, dif batch you never know there could be a bad one or two there, I change mine back to BSLB because the one later does not seem to be better with Yuden
    sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Nightran,

You know I did burn the problem ones with TY again and went thru A-OK.
      But, I think I might do what you suggested and go bak to BSLB ... sinc eI keep seeing that suggestion few other places ...

I don't understand why going back on F/W would be better ... I hope somebody from BenQ is reading this and come up with an answer.

G!

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

new firmware for new media, they may screw up the old one
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by NightTran
          new firmware for new media, they may screw up the old one
          exactly! and on top of that you have benq trying to relearn how to burn media with a firmware update and possibly complicated by someone using qsuite to tweak that process.

Comment

• katzdvd
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Feb 2006

benq trying to relearn how to burn media
            chew - I've seen you refer to that before. what exactly do you mean by that? Is it that the more of a particular disc lot that you burn, the burner becomes better at learning/burning the discs?

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

Most of the newer burners have a built in mechanism that tries to tweak
              burn strategy as it "learns" a media, after a few disks(a certain mid) burned,
              this settles down and it remembers. Flash a new firmware and the process seems to start all over again. Don't expect to see any improvement until the burner has a couple of new burns under it's belt.

Comment

• katzdvd
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Feb 2006

Hmmm...

Well, I jump back & forth from burning CDs & DVDs. Is that going to cause a "stutter" in the learning curve?

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

not at all, it's firmware changes that throw a monkey wrench in the learning
                  process.

Comment

• NightTran
                    King of Digital Video
                    King of Digital Video
                    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                    Most of the newer burners have a built in mechanism that tries to tweak
                    burn strategy as it "learns" a media, after a few disks(a certain mid) burned,
                    this settles down and it remembers. Flash a new firmware and the process seems to start all over again. Don't expect to see any improvement until the burner has a couple of new burns under it's belt.
                    keep it old as it can be if you media is the same unless you have new media, I supprice not many pp here use qsuit , not really faster just 1.8 minutes but quality seem to stay the same or better, but this is for Yuden only either I turn every thing on or every thing off, unless you have time to twist around
                    sigpic

Comment

• katzdvd
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Feb 2006

I supprice not many pp here use qsuit
                      I'm going to give it a go & see how it works out for me; after all, if I don't like it, can always uninstall...or reformat...lol

Question: why does it seem like all bad burns typically go bad at the outer edge of the disc? (As per chewys' first post to this thread)

Most of my "0" score "bad" discs look just like that - horrible red/purple scan at the end. What is it with the outer edge?
                      Last edited by katzdvd; 13 Jul 2006, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

you dont have to uninstall, it have button to inactivate within, you can activate in one burner and inactivate others , set your limit in shrink to 4400 or even 4200 if you dont trust your blank, I set all mine to 4464 to get better quality
                        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

1. scanner is reading that part faster
                          2. dye probably harder to get even
                          3. most wear and tear on the disk is there

Comment

• katzdvd
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Feb 2006

Although the Falcon's upkeep was a labor of love, many a time Chewie unleashed his legendary temper on the recalcitrant freighter, banging his massive furry hands against delicate components that refused to behave.
                            Are you sure that doesn't have something to do with it?

Comment

• NightTran
                              King of Digital Video
                              King of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

Hi guys,

@Chewey & Nighttran ...

Guys, I only use TYG02 premium (sometimes valueline) ... and I always burn at 8X (since I have not really seen much or if any difference between my 4X and 8X burns) ... and I have been burning with my BenQ1640 ... I had it since BSLB F/W and each time have upgraded my F/W when they offered a new release. I have been running BSRB for the last 20 or 30 burns ... and I have been getting reults from 95 to 99% ... BUT some of my 95% it looks like a huge YELLOW mountain all over the place (meaning having major PIF) ... which I hate ... I am used to seeing a very very small PIF a "1" hill and that is it !!?!?!?!??!

Now,

Q1: Are you folks suggesting if I go back to BSLB ... my burns will again improve after let's ssay 10 or 15 burns?

Q2: Can I reburn the F/W on my 1640 and go back to BSLB?

Q3: What setting should leave my QSuite 2.1 at? I usually leave it in DEFAULT ... or I put the "Solid Burn" on for both Learned and Unlearned media.?

Thanks guys!
                                G!

Comment

Working...