X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

my old one were 77 the new one is 109 and they are not that good, my 8x- can not beat that specs, my 8x+ may get a few to get the spec but never the speed
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

night, I knew I could count on you, you seem to have a knack for finding good media

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Thanks Chewy, I just fowllow your links , I think pp need to stock the 8x because quality is get worser and worser, stock in a cool closet
        sigpic

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

I looked on the other side and the end disc on that side is a GG000077, but I can not find any info when I google the 149's. Are these two 50 stacks put together, or are they just whatever happens to be there as in 10 of one hub code and maybe 20 of another? The 106 stack has a paper cover over it so I can not see the hub code on the disc on that side.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I am pretty sure they are wrapped like that at the factory, then shipped bulk,
            some probably get spindled somewhere else. I just opened my last 100 pack yesterday, I am not burning any test disks or giving away any of these blanks to the kids.

Comment

• jm1647
              An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
              • Apr 2005

When a stranger calls 12x burn on CMC media with stock FW and I just realized I ain't up to date with the version of cdspeed program on ths box. I got a coupla them 160P6s drives I'm waiting for them to straighten out the test fw and smartburn for, then I'll be using them
              Attached Files

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I usually find glitches removed to be associated with POF's.
                Have you been watching the new thread for scanning over at cdfreaks?

Comment

• jm1647
                  • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  I usually find glitches removed to be associated with POF's.
                  Have you been watching the new thread for scanning over at cdfreaks?
                  http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=180404
                  Yeah, I'm waiting for more of the wrinkles to be ironed out. I got about 200 16X verbs from OffiCe MAX going out of business waiting in the wings and the 200 CMC E01 I just got for about $10 a hundred with the $5.00 coupons and 2 empty ink jet cartridges.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

looking forward to seeing what you can do with those verbs

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

Me too. I got a 1693s in my LO standalone recorder that works good and right now a 1693s and a 1633s in 2 of my boxes. I went to get more 1693s but seen the 160P6s so I bought them and gonna try to save the 1693s for a backup for the standalone, even though the 160's will probably work too.

Comment

• gonwk
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Dec 2005

Hi Chewy,

I looked at your NEro graph for your GG000077, TYG02 burn ...

Q1: Did you burn the TYG02 DVD-R8X at 8X speed in your BenQ1650?

Q2: Could you jog my memeory and tell me what the Blue lines indicate?

Q3: So many PI errors ... is that an acceptable? I usually run a Quick Scan and I get hardly no PI Errors ... when I have a good burn. Should I run "Full Scan" instead of "QuickScan" to get the true result?

Q4: I used to buy the Value Line from same place you do then I stopped and switched to "Premium" line for few cents more ... I should get my first batch soon. Question ... do you think I will see a "Signnificant" change in a positive way?

Thanks,
                        G!

Comment

• gonwk
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Hi NightTran,

I was looking at your Scan dated April 4 ... it seems that NERO CD/DVD Scan test did not complete the test!!!

Is that true? Because my experience with Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs is that NERO will not scan the whole thing and gives me ERROR saying "No Sense Area" and I wonder what causes that???

The only other time I get this error message is when I test a Cheap Media ... like GQ Brands that I pick for goofing off.

Thanks!
                          G!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

gonwk,

something must be wrong with your setup for that problem with dvd+r's

yes the burn was at 8x w/ benq 1650, my other drives are showing their age.

with errors, crc is a fatal one(coaster?) POF's make crc's, PIF's make POF's,
                            PIE's make PIF's

so as you can see, pif's are more significant than pie's

dvd technology is based on error correction

In the 4 batches of TYG's I have had, the tyg01 was the best, followed by
                            the tyg02's in the second batch, then the premium spindled tyg03's in the third batch, last was my recent value tyg02's. My benq just did a good job with that blank.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

my nec 3550 asked for another chance?
                              looks like we have a new leader!

there's a glitch in the benq read, which is why I will add an nec trt

edit: squiggles was me surfing
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Chewy; 24 May 2006, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• pitchblack
                                • Feb 2006

I started to Scan my written media, becaus I had different problems with my player.

I found out that one Disk in two NEC-Burner got absolut different results, and even when I Used my LG 4167 it was different again.

So here are the results, result with number 1 are from the same medium, the scan with the number 2 is from the LG 4167, same stuff and the media is from same kind.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by UncasMS; 24 May 2006, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...