• Show
Clear All
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
    Hi NightTran,

I was looking at your Scan dated April 4 ... it seems that NERO CD/DVD Scan test did not complete the test!!!

Is that true? Because my experience with Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs is that NERO will not scan the whole thing and gives me ERROR saying "No Sense Area" and I wonder what causes that???

The only other time I get this error message is when I test a Cheap Media ... like GQ Brands that I pick for goofing off.

Thanks!
    G!
    if you are not rejecting the dvd it will show the blank at the end, where it was not burn
    sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

I just received some TYG02 (DVD-R 8X) so the speak "Premium" from SMS ... and my cost was about 10 cents more than the Value ones ... and I am TOTALLY displeased ... so I want to warn you folks not to waste you rmoney on the Premium crap. I got 4 50 pack spindles.

I am using BenQ 1640 with BSPB firmware (latest) and QSuite 2.1 for my tests ...

Spindle 1: GG000158, tested Good for 8X and 4X. (I always test for 8 Speed first and if fails or graph looks lousy then I do the 4X).

Spindle 2: GG000149, FAILED MISERABLY. TE errors out of kazoo. Major SPikes like you have never seen. Failed both 8X and 4X ... major LEMON.

Spindle 3: GG000106, passed OK. 8X looks OK ... 4X looks Better ... so I guess I will be burning these at 4X.

Spindle 4: GG000106, passed OK ... but a little less quality than the above spindle. 8X OK, 4X better ... I will burn these also at 4X.

Lesson Learned stay with the Cheaper Media since it seems it does not make a hell of loto of difference and NO CONSISTENCY.

Chewey, I looked and I have some of those GG000077 that you mentioned ... guess what they tested out the MOST STABLE And CONSISTENT and the BEST GRAPHS both at 8X and 4X.

Thanks!
      G!

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

pitch,
        what were the burn speeds for the three scans?
        and was that MBI made in india verbatim?

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

@ Chewy

Congrats on the NEC burn, but I wish you would quit showing off. It makes me jealous. Just kidding.

On the bright side, I have 200 02's and 200 03's for $.28 a piece, I think I am happy with that, although I can not get a burn like you can, close but no cigar. Maybe the Lt. could let me borrow his.

Comment

• pitchblack
            • Feb 2006

@Chewy

The burn speed for NEC is 6x, for LG 4x.

How do I find out if it is made in India?

CU

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

It should say on the manufactures label

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

pitch, something's bad wrong with scan number 3, give details of that burn

Comment

• pitchblack
                  • Feb 2006

@BR7: On the Label stands, made in India

@Chewy: The burn of Scan number 3 is exactly the same Disk (Medium+Data) than number 1, the scans were only made in two different Burners.

It was burned in the NEC 3540 and scaned in NEC 3540 and NEC 4550. the burn was ok, the Data was checked by nero (Nero 7.2.0.3).

CU
                  Last edited by pitchblack; 24 May 2006, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

pitch,
                    Try burning at 8x with the nec 4550, make sure target size stays at 4400MB or below with those mbi verbatims?
                    calibrate the 4550 by trying scans at 8x, 12x and 16x.
                    Go with whatever speed gives the best scan, those drives are funky scanners.

Comment

• pitchblack
                      • Feb 2006

I did another scan with 8x on the NEC 4550.

Other burns 12x and 16x will be postet in here soon.

I stop that now 16x seems to be wasted material, when i see the last scan.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pitchblack; 25 May 2006, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

power supplys, cables and ide drivers can negatively impact burning and scanning

Comment

• NightTran
                          King of Digital Video
                          King of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                          power supplys, cables and ide drivers can negatively impact burning and scanning
                          static? and how can you improve that?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

good high quality power supply with stable voltage rails, new cable and use default MS drivers

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

pitch,
                              I said
                              Try burning at 8x with the nec 4550, make sure target size stays at 4400MB or below with those mbi verbatims?
                              calibrate the 4550 by trying scans at 8x, 12x and 16x.
                              take the 8x burn and try scanning it at 8, 12 and 16x

until the firmware is fixed you will never want to burn faster than 8x

Comment

• dmanshead
                                Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                                • Dec 2005

Here's a new question, just for the sake of knowing i tried to run a quality scan on a couple of movies i have one being walking tall, and the other being cheaper by the dozen. cd-dvd speed reads these as being the originals but when i try a disc quality on cheaper by the dozen i get an error message. walking tall allows one to be run. any answers why?
                                If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

Working...