X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

Very informative link. Since I very, very, seldom burn CD-RW media the main negative is not important. I also am thinking of purchasing the drive for a replacement, when needed. I really am having a hard time deciding between it and the NEC 3550?

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Throwaway stuff.

[ATTACH]6590[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6591[/ATTACH]

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

I thought about it but what about pioneer is not making new drive any more, what about the firm ware support for later?
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

no one has commented on that media much since november 2004

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

Yeh but it wasn't all bad. I guess I am alone in my field right now, the only one using it but not to keep, just to test once in a while. Or it could be that I was the only one stupid enough to buy it.

Comment

• dmanshead
              Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
              • Dec 2005

ok here may be the final tests for that rebranded liteon/memorex I have. I'm not sure if flashing it with the 812s firmware was the best idea even though that is what it is. It didn't matter anyway as I had new burners in route to me when I tried it, and I knew it was coming out anyway. never got to crossflash it to 832, but who knows someday when I'm bored or if i get stuck with some real bad media I might just give it a whirl. here's the results:
              Attached Files
              If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
              Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
                • Dec 2005

Now here was the 4x attempt, seeems like it did a little better but not by much, maybe it just needs some burns under it's belt as this is the first time it's seen this kind of media:
                Attached Files
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

we weren't thru yet, did the flash in safe mode? and another thing some of those pci cards don't work and hose burns, there's a whole section on that over at cdfreaks, they use special bios's etc

Comment

• dmanshead
                    • Dec 2005

Yes had did the flash in safe mode and I may well be able to put the drive back in later.
                    Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

always flash with drive on the motherboard ide's, preferably the secondary as standalone master

reflash if necessary, the final flash for that old memorex was another crossflash to the last liteon in that
                      generation/family

Comment

• dmanshead
                        • Dec 2005

so pull the jlms dvd rom out and give it a whirl? and the cross flash is 812s@832 correct? amd do i need the omnipatcher to do that? Inventory @ work tomorrow so it won't be until sunday before i get to it, fun it is millions of cases of frozen potatoes.
                        Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
                          • Dec 2005

thinking about it is was about the time my friend changed towers on me that i really started having problems burning, well I needed to learn about media quality anyway. that is when the opticals got hooked up to the pci card, but i did not realize it until i went to install the new benq, is there a way to install all of those drives?
                          Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

thinking about it is was about the time my friend changed towers on me that i really started having problems burning
                            add the card and put optical drive on it?

never seen anyone get opticals to work right on those promise cards

they are great for hard drives tho

Comment

• NightTran
                              King of Digital Video
                              King of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

I agree the card is bad for dvd burner, I hook one have to change back to mother board
                              sigpic

Comment

• dmanshead
                                • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by dmanshead
                                the cross flash is 812s@832 correct? amd do i need the omnipatcher to do that? .
                                no i didn't want to put the drive on the card, but i could pull the dvd rom and replace it with the m/l set it as master do the flash then set it up as the slave, or how would i hook up 3 opticals in my system without using the promise card? would another card work?
                                Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

Working...