X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

you have not had any luck with putting hard drives on the card?

Comment

• sonic_emperor
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2003

hi every1,been in zagreb these last few days so i used a chance to buy some media - verbatims,16x,"made in taiwan" and "made in india"

here are the results of my two 8x tests...i found it very disappointing that the create disc graph looks so bad...now im doing a 12x test

greetz!!!

verbatim - mcc 004 - 8x test - INDIA
      Attached Files
      cro-anthem-video

Comment

• sonic_emperor
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2003

and here are the MITs
        Attached Files
        cro-anthem-video

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

something strange going on with your burner computer

standard/default ms drivers?

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

yes?12x did fine-but quality check doesnt look good as these two..i think MIT's have bad dye or some problems at the end of the disc
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

• sonic_emperor
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2003

heres the link

12xscan
              cro-anthem-video

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

I would reflash in safe mode with that firmware and then if it keeps
                dropping burn speed to 4x I would go back one firmware, but give it few more burns, you should be burning in 8-9 minutes not 15 at 8X

that's to be expected at 12x with the newer nec drives, granted that's bad, but noexistant at 8x
                Last edited by Chewy; 11 Jun 2006, 07:32 AM.

Comment

• dmanshead
                  Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                  • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  you have not had any luck with putting hard drives on the card?
                  tried it in the midst of my problems and it did not work, could attempt it again, If i hook 1 to 1 and 1 to 2 will that put them in serial?
                  I'm going to kill you with questions here then with my primary and secondary how would i want to hook up the 2 burners and 1 rom? easier to ask before i do it than later after trial and error.
                  If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                  Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
                    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                    I would reflash in safe mode with that firmware
                    What or why does flashing in safe mode do in comparison to running in normal mode?
                    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

There's a lot of crap that loads on average computers in regular mode, when flashing you want windows full attention on the flash, not some screen saver,
                      av program or even an instant message. Think about it, another very important reason, if your ide drives are buggy, they can hose the flash. Safe mode is pio mode.
                      Be safe not sorry.

Comment

• dmanshead
                        • Dec 2005

so how do i want to try to hook my burners up if i run my hd's off the card?
                        Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

liteon master primary
                          nec master secondary
                          benq60 slave secondary

get the hard drives up and running(get help?)

Comment

• dmanshead
                            • Dec 2005

that particular computer has the benq and jlms rom
                            Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
                              • Dec 2005

so here's a question about cd-dvd speed: If i make a dvd 9 image can i burn the Iso with cd-dvd speed? in Blutach's tutorial http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgced....htm#BurnSetup he says "If you don’t burn with DVD Decrypter, you will need to find a burning program that respects the position of the layer break, enables you to input the manual layer break you have chosen and be able to fill layer 1 with padding sectors at the end. GEAR (which is available on all platforms) may qualify. Nero does not."
                              I actually have mine setup to work with ImgBurn, just tweaked his instructions a bit, and it works great. Later versions of PgcEdit already come comeplete with mkisofs.exe at a higher version than ImgTool classic.
                              Last edited by dmanshead; 11 Jun 2006, 05:57 PM.
                              Long Live Foamy!!!

Comment

• copyless
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Apr 2006

No. CD/DVD Speed is a testing program, not a burning program.

Comment

Working...