X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmanshead
    Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
    • Dec 2005

here is my next two cents worth on the last of my crappy imation media (yeah it's almost gone). i burned an exercise vid that was less than 4.7 gig for the test. I had read it with dvdd in ISO mode then wrote it back with ImgBurn. just for the sake of argument I tried to set my burner @ 4x, and while it said it was set there it still burned at 6x(guesss it's right about burn speeds) included are the scans. Then I reburned the vid the same way but at 8x, which I have finally found a burn option at 6x to be best.
    The next phase was to attempt another burn at 8x, from a movie that had been processed by shrink. I tried twice to burn it at 8x and ended up with coasters. I then burned it at 6x and got a very pretty burn, probably one of the best I have ever gotten from the media. I have learned especially with the Imation media(which is what got me to learn about media quality in the first place) is that the discs at the bottom of the spindle tend to do more poorly than the rest. i have a quality scan included of the movie just for arguments sake. the big thing I learned if you have to or are possessed to buy Imation media make sure it has the made in iNdia label, but i would just avoid it all together if possible.
    Attached Files
    If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
    Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
      Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
      • Dec 2005

here's the rest of the scans.
      Attached Files
      If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
      Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by geno888
        Hi Zero

Can you check in cd-dvd speed options if you have this setting selected?

If I'm not wrong, in this way in scan should be visible also burning curve (the white line in my example)
        That setting was selected geno, but the Show minimum/maximum was not checked.
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

Hi

Sorry for my late answer.

To burn an ISO in the "create disc" tab, simply check the option like in pic. This is the method I use for the most, because I want to see what happen during the burning process.

I burn too full disc (4464 MB), but I'm particularly careful when I manipulate my discs. But Chewy's suggestion to reduce slightly ISO dimensions is a good one.

Zero: selecting the "show maximum and minimum" show in a different color (green) all PIF in the "safe" zone. It's easier to read the scan becaise if you have a PIF spike too high the pic show it in a different color (see the example). If PIF remain in the green area, then the scan is good.

Moreover, only burn done with cd-dvd speed show the burning curve: using imgburn or another software don't show ut. I didn't know that you used imgburn, so I asked you to check options

I can't do promises, but I'm trying to write a guide for cd-dvd speed. I'll publish here if I'll be able to complete it
          Attached Files

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

Thanks geno! I'll try to burn an image with to see how that works. Likely on the weekend.
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• geno888
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Dec 2005

You're welcome

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

[ATTACH]5400[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5401[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5402[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5403[/ATTACH]

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

[ATTACH]5405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5406[/ATTACH]
                  Last edited by soup; 12 May 2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Soup,
                    where's the 8x burn tdk transfer test?

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

My bad, I apologize,

Click image for larger version

Name:	MUN8XTDK16XTRT.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	907804

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

interesting pattern, do you have a 2 or 3 minute screen saver setting?

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

No but I think I know what you are getting at. I am going to do some further checking tommorrow.
                          Last edited by soup; 12 May 2006, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

The 4x and 8x burn have the same dips in transfer test, but the bottom line
                            has then too, just less.
                            The distance between dips increases as the scan moves further out the disk.
                            Like something external to the transfer process is kicking in every 2 or 3 minutes?

Comment

• soup
                              Just Trying To Help
                              • Nov 2005

I broke my #1 rule.

[ATTACH]5408[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]5409[/ATTACH]

Could this already be there & have happened during the burn or Dvd Shrink process? The reason why I ask is that this never showed up on any the tests I did previously.
                              Last edited by soup; 12 May 2006, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

burn wouldn't show the squiggles in the rpm line, probably a trojan keylogger or password stealer calling home

sorry soup, I couldn't resist

Last edited by Chewy; 12 May 2006, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...