Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

yep. most people are careless and sloppy and have a "who gives a sh**" attitude when it's not their property. even the most unsuspecting. i was taught though, when you borrow something, give it back in better condition than you got it. return a car washed, a mower with the oil changed. people will always trust you.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• smkymntgrl
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      yep. most people are careless and sloppy and have a "who gives a sh**" attitude when it's not their property. even the most unsuspecting. i was taught though, when you borrow something, give it back in better condition than you got it. return a car washed, a mower with the oil changed. people will always trust you.
      I was also taught that way, to respect other people's property! Great way of thinking LT., too bad alot of those ways are gone to the wind these days!

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
      Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
      READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
      - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• dmanshead
        Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
        • Dec 2005

I used cheap media at the start of my backing up career. I had numerous problems. I found out that 90% were from using cheap Media, 9% from old firmware, and 1% other. One thing I have found is that when the backups start having problems if you do another copy of that copy you still get a good result and your original stays in it's box. If you use better media, many times the copy of the copy is better than the original copy.
        If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Feb 2006

Maxell

I use Maxell (japan) if I can find them or Maxell (Taiwan) or Fuji (Taiwan) All DVD's are 8X and the -R type. The Japan Maxells I had a medial ID of MXL and the Taiwan Maxells were RITEK. The Fujis jsut say Fujifilm as the media ID. All the Maxells have worked (60 out of 60) and 2 failed Fujis out of 25.

Comment

• camaroracer016
            • Jun 2006

i bout about 250 FujiFilms, and i havent had a single problem, plus you can get them at a good price!

Comment

• coolburn
              • Apr 2006

TY undoubtedly is your best choice for dvd media.

For your reference.
              How To Tell if you have Fake or Real Taiyo Yuden?

Comment

• dmanshead
                Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                well done, buy the best, forget the rest, the Yuden T03's are having a few problems tho
                I was looking @ supermedia stores how to tell if you have authentic taiyo media (http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...e-or-real.html) and was wondering which ones you were refering to by T03's? The other question i have is do they not make 16x +r discs?
                Last edited by dmanshead; 6 Jun 2006, 08:48 PM.
                If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

the TY dvd+r 16x (Yuden T03 mid code) have been on the market in europe
                  for some time, best are usually plextor branded, but yuden T02's are better.
                  Later batches of the 16x seem to be doing better, part of the problem is firmware immaturity.

Comment

• johndoh453
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • May 2006

Originally Posted by oppi1983
                    From what i've been told Verbatim are the best quality, though unfortunatly they've not been working very well for me. Also I have tried cheaper dvd's but they mess up even quicker. So imo I would splash out that little bit more
                    I love you to use Verbatim DVD-R...My friend said he didn't like the Verbatim DVD-R DL though.

Comment

Working...