X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

I'm guilty too...I pretty much burn any time, I'm really bad about multitasking that way. I can't do it if Recode or ConvertX are running though, they seem to take up alot of resources and drag everything down.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

I dont know about convert x and recode but with 100 cpu usage when rebuilder go I still burn and they are still good

PS I am not burning with nero or imgburn, I use the older imgburn with two legs
      sigpic

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

I use the old standby from time to time too....it all depends on the convenience of what I'm doing.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

F@H off.

Conclusion is that I am going to keep Folding while burning, it helps.

ImgBurn, Sony 1X-8X, MIJ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NFImgBurn8XLH-20A1S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	913516

Nero, Sony 1X-8X, MIJ.

Name:	NFNero8XLH-20A1S.jpg
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	913517

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

If it helps go for it...

Walt Kelly

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

When, no sorry if (never assume) my attachments are approved, I have been informed about what the problem could be & it has to do with Intel/DualCore. Now hopefully I can explain this without screwing it up. When you are Folding or something like it & you go to burn, it basically splits the job up between both cores, so they turn out pretty good. But if you are not Folding or something like it, it will use both cores but unevenly, so you have to set the affinity for the program you are using each time you start it up to one core or the other. I have not tried this yet but it seems reasonable because I could hear the wind up & wind down on the two burns I did this morning. Apparently AMD has it all figured out but Intel doesn't.

Comment

• locoeng
                Who Farted?
                • Dec 2005

That makes perfect sense the way you explained it, but it seems you have more problems fine tuning with that "Big Dawg" system though....I've been looking for a high power system, but you are starting to change my mind.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• soup
                  Just Trying To Help
                  • Nov 2005

Actually it's not that bad since the last upgrade, tried to update the display drivers, didn't work so rolled back & now this but it's live & learn like anything. It performs flawlessly right now though, I just have to learn how to operate it properly. I would never go back, onward & upward.

Comment

• locoeng
                    Who Farted?
                    • Dec 2005

You went from a Pentium D to a Core2Duo right? I guess I'll just keep dreaming, maybe next year.

Walt Kelly

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

I am starting to come around to your way of thinking on this version of this program Chewy. On the Nero one I started & stopped the scan twice because it was up over 1700 PIE's before it hit 0.5. This pic is the third time & I just don't believe the result.

ImgBurn@8X, Sony 1X-8X, MIJ. Not Folding, Affinity set to single core.

Name:	NFImgBurnLH-20A1S.jpg
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	913520

Nero@8X, Sony 1X-8X, MIJ. Not Folding, Affinity set to single core.

Name:	NFNeroLH-20A1S.jpg
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	913521

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

soup,
                        I went down this dead end "long ago and far away"

I was comparing quality of burns between burners and burning programs

18 months ago I had awfully good tyg02's, mcc004's and Yuden T02's

Luk said I was wasting my time because nero could burn just as good as imgburn on my system(note imgburn might work on an computer with issues and nero would fail miserably)

If you set up your computer as a scientific instrument then you will get consistent results, otherwise it's just a guessing game.

It's my assumption that our problem is inconsistent media to test

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

t's my assumption that our problem is inconsistent media to test
                          Well these two were in the same spindle about 10 down, so I think you could be right, after all it couldn't be us (LOL).

Comment

• NightTran
                            King of Digital Video
                            King of Digital Video
                            • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                            soup,
                            I went down this dead end "long ago and far away"

I was comparing quality of burns between burners and burning programs

18 months ago I had awfully good tyg02's, mcc004's and Yuden T02's

Luk said I was wasting my time because nero could burn just as good as imgburn on my system(note imgburn might work on an computer with issues and nero would fail miserably)

If you set up your computer as a scientific instrument then you will get consistent results, otherwise it's just a guessing game.

It's my assumption that our problem is inconsistent media to test
                            I am agree 100 % with you on it, I thought the same way before by testing with diff burn engines with my good TY batch, the are all come out all very close, imgburn should be use for any machines but with good medias you can burn any way you want it 8x 12x . that is why I stock 1000s of TY + and - probably enough for the rest of my life
                            sigpic

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

that is why I stock 1000s of TY + and - probably enough for the rest of my life
                              What if something good in the way of blank media actually comes along in the future?

Walt Kelly

Comment

• NightTran
                                King of Digital Video
                                King of Digital Video
                                • Aug 2005

with all the companies try to saving cost, moving to Twan, India and even China and Hongkong you may just forget about qualities
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...