Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bettasplendens
    • Jul 2006

Error:\nCannot connect TRF

Every time a try and burn using DVD Shrink I come accross this error box and the blank dvd pops out of the drive immediately.

"Error:\nCannot connect TRF"

This is an excerpt of the text in the embedded dialogue box:

"31.7.2006
    NeroAPI
    12:41:06 PM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

12:41:06 PM #2 Phase 114 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files reallocation completed (no file modified)

12:41:06 PM #3 Phase 111 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 275
    DVD-Video files sorted

12:41:06 PM #4 NEROAPI 7 File Burncd.cpp, Line 3095
    Error:\nCannot connect TRF.

12:41:06 PM #5 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 867
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

12:41:06 PM #6 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 896
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye."

So obviously it has something to do with Nero, of which I have version 6.6.1.4. Is there a way to disable DVD Shrink's interaction with Nero?

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

P.S. Nero works fine for everthing else.
    Last edited by bettasplendens; 31 Jul 2006, 01:39 PM. Reason: Subsequent question
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

known glitch in nero with this version. disable burning with nero in shrink. burn manually. search "trf"
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• bettasplendens
      • Jul 2006

Burning problem

Thanks for your prompt reply, I found the checkbox to disable the connection with Nero as well *blushes*. Anyway, I've got another problem as well.

I've tried burning the dvd using dvd shrink, imgburn and even within nero but nomatter what program i use, my dvd won't play on my dvd player. It says "this disc isn't compatable".. The dvd in question was 7GB in size and was subsequently shrunk down to around 4.3GB and was saved as an iso file with the VIDEO_TS and an AUDIO_TS folders. I've been burning them on a DVD+R's and trying to play them on my Panasonic DMR-ES35V which i know can handle such discs.

The weird thing is that all the dvd's i burnt from the shrink work perfectly on my PC - menus and all. But none work on my dvd player...o_O

Any thoughts?

Comment

• copyless
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2006

Have you tried them on any other DVD players? What type of media are you using? It could be that the media is of low quality, and the DVD player just rejects the quality of the burn because of it. I have a couple of DVD players that do this with marginal burns, but the disc play fine on three of my others.

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

There's a guy called blutach who has got a few posts around here. Nice colourful signature with tons of info in it. You want to click on "what is bitsetting" & I have a feeling it might just help you out. You might also want to give this Dvd Shrink guide a read, most of us have.
          Last edited by soup; 31 Jul 2006, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...