Bought a BENQ do I still need Printable DVDs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlos Menem
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Feb 2002

Bought a BENQ do I still need Printable DVDs?

What if I prefer to use laserscrib as it doesn't cost me anyting unlike using tonner on the printer. And can the media I will need for the labels be both printable and laserable? I saw on another post a good bet for this media type:

but I prefer using lightscribe so will it still work or do I need another type of media and will the media be worse in this case?
    me gusta la coca cola con ron
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

Those are printable disc, and can not be used to lightscribe a label. Only Lightscribe disc can accept the label done by the laser. But you can use any disc you want to, as far as burning but when labeling you have to use either the lightscribe disc or the printable disc. There are no disc that will allow both.

Comment

• Steve83
      Bronco Guru
      • May 2006

LightScribe blanks costs a LOT more than inkjet printables, and they don't do the colors that inkjet does. In the US, a 6-pack of Epson R200... inks is ~$60 and will print ~150 disks. Assuming you buy printable CDs for ~$0.20 ea, that makes your total cost ~$0.60 per CD; printable DVDs would be about the same.

But Lightscribe blanks are ~$0.40 for CD (so slightly cheaper than inkjet, but no color) & $0.70 for DVD (still no color).
      Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• dmanshead
        Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
        • Dec 2005

Taiyo yuden doesn't make a light scribe disc, the big reason I haven't gone to a lightscribe burner. I may however go with the BenQ as I hear it burns a bit better than the one without the lightscribe. One never knows, someone may make a quality media that is lightscribeable.
        If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
        Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

Verbatim LS 8X +R are MCC003, pretty good discs I should say.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...