X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrewG
    • Sep 2006

DVD's Copping Out at the End

Hello.

I've been using the DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter since October of 2005. Most of the time, it has worked very well for me and my backup copies work very well. However lately I have been experiencing some problems, and the same thing seems to be happening over and over.

To give some background, I use a DELL to make the backup copies, 4.7 GB Sony DVD-R's and DVD Shrink 3.2 to make the ISO with the latest version of DVD Decrypter to burn. I use my Playstation 2 to play the DVD's.

Now the same problem keeps occuring. As the movie comes toward the ending, be it 15 minutes left, or 10 minutes left, it will start to skip and boxes will appear everywhere. It becomes unwatchable, and eventually it may just stop. When it does this I will take it on the computer where most of the time it is able to push through the 'problems'. Sometimes however, my most recent cases being OUT OF THE PAST and HOTEL RWANDA, the film will stop DEAD at a certain point. Luckily I still had ISO's on my computer so I watched the rest of the movie doing that.

But what if I didn't have the ISO's? I'd have to re-get the movies from Netflix or the library JUST to see their endings. This is becoming very annoying because as a movie approaches the end I am terrified it is just going to start crapping out very badly on me. Does anyone have any reccomendations for me? Or any answers for what is causing this odd problem?

Any help would be very appreciated on this subject.

Thanks,
    Drew
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Are you following the GROB? Link

Are you burning to the edge of the DVD? Set the target rip to 4350 MB (In DVD Shrink) for a better disc.
    Gary D

Comment

• DrewG
      • Sep 2006

Thanks for the welcome!

Whenever I burn a DVD it is almost always 4.35 GB, so yes I believe I have what you suggested followed. But as for that golden list I am checking it out as we speak. I know I have some of those quota's filled, but other ones I am just not sure.

I will have to check those out later tonight. Thanks again.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by DrewG
        Hello.

I've been using the DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter since October of 2005. Most of the time, it has worked very well for me and my backup copies work very well. ............ I'd have to re-get the movies from Netflix or the library JUST to see their endings.
        We do not condone piracy here. Making backups are only for DVD's that you own the orginial too. (If you say, I have the orginials, then why don''t you watch them instead of having to get them again from Netflix.)

Thread closed for violation of forum rules.
        Last edited by jmet; 5 Sep 2006, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Working...