X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • devil_
    • Dec 2006

PLayback erroer on burnt dvd

Hi,
    I have a problem with playback of the burnt dvds. I have noticed some similar posts on the forum, however, haven't found a reply yet.
    I use Nero sw, the burning is always successful (dvd is 'playable on the pc), but my (desk) dvd player (Denon) gives an error message (something like an 'playback error - please eject the disc'. I have tried to burn the disc with the lowest possible speed but that hadn't helped either.

ps> i have some burnt dvds from my friends and they are working without any problem on my dvd player.

thanks for any help
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Well posting your Nero log, sure wouldn't hurt for starters.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57213.

Comment

• davideg
      • Feb 2007

Playback Feature Not Available

HI
      had the same problem, i burnt disc with nero 7, it worked before for 2 discs, for this one it doesn't play in dvd but plays perfect in pc. here is the log
      please help
      thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by davideg
        HI
        had the same problem, i burnt disc with nero 7, it worked before for 2 discs, for this one it doesn't play in dvd but plays perfect in pc. here is the log
        please help
        thanks
        it was a miracle, a 10 gig hard drive and 256 megs of ram, usb1 external burner?

a divx capable dvd player is the best option
        Last edited by Chewy; 8 Feb 2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• davideg
          • Feb 2007

chewy I have an external drive with 80 gigs, when you say " a divx capable dvd player is the best option"
          do you mean I should get a new dvd player?
          I did burn 3 other discs successfully and they play in the dvd player I have.
          I'm new to this so perhaps I misunderstood you.
          thanks

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

with that old a computer, lame cpu, lame ram, and usb1 speeds, you would be
            better off just burning a data cd and playing it on a new dvd player that supports divx, at least until you can get a new computer

I looked at the times in your log, you have a lot more patience than me

Comment

• davideg
              • Feb 2007

I accept the logic that my older computer will take longer to burn a disc, I burn it overnight while i'm sleeping (my patience is running out though) but I got the computer for free so beggars can't be choosers. I just don't see why my dvd player would read the movies i burned but not the 2 soccer matches. Doesn't nero transcode the avi files to vob or something. You say to get a divx capable dvd player (which I probably will) does that mean Nero is transcoding the disc to divx?? i think I have to take a course for this stuff.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

nero is taking your avi's and converting them to mpeg2/vob/dvd compliant files(hopefully)

the problem is avi is a hodgepod of many different types of compression

I suggest converting to the hard drive, then checking the play and then burning manually

set your burn speed down, it's probably only going to do 1X anyway

a new standalone(divx capable) should play the avi's directly, here we have another can of worms tho since there's so many crappy avi's.

Comment

Working...